When it starts to get chilly, the leaves start falling, and you begin planning the best Halloween costume for the upcoming party, you know it's fall. The most common flavor of this season is obviously PUMPKIN. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin seeds, and pumpkin spice everything.

Hands down the best way to wake up on an autumn morning is to have a cup of pumpkin spice-flavored coffee. But, where is the best, most popular place to get that cup of pumpkin spice and why? I surveyed 100 people, ranging from college students to middle-aged adults. I asked them whether they usually go to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts to get their pumpkin spice fix. The results were interesting.

Those who said Dunkin Donuts...

43% of pumpkin spice coffee-lovers prefer America to run on Dunkin Donut's drink of the season. Some say Dunkin's pumpkin spice coffee beverage is more affordable compared to Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte. Starbucks has recently increased its price by 30 cents.

Dunkin fans love the steamed milk and caramel drizzle that tops this festive beverage. The essence of this latte is "not too over the top with the pumpkin spice and is very sweet," according to one survey participant.

Respondents in favor of Dunkin enjoy the fact that they can purchase delicious pumpkin donuts and muffins to compliment their pumpkin spice-flavored coffee. The company is known for offering one of the largest varieties of pumpkin choices of any national restaurant chain. For dedicated pumpkin lovers, this is a huge game-changer since they have a lot of options to supplement their latte.

If you are looking for a pumpkin spice coffee drink that is not going to break the bank, is very sweet like dessert, and comes with a mouth-watering donut, Dunkin Donuts is the hotspot for your fall coffee run.

Those who said Starbucks...

57% of the 100 fans of pumpkin spice coffee drinks stay loyal to the infamous Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. With delicious whipped cream, undeniable sweetness, and pumpkin flavoring that is inevitably addictive, people love this drink.

Although more expensive, you get what you pay for with a vibrant orange beverage that comes complete with cinnamon and whipped cream, the perfect autumn toppings. The orange coloring adds more "festivity" for coffee drinkers, notes one survey participant.  

Starbucks fans choose this drink because the coffee is stronger and they get more of a taste of nutmeg and other spices than they would by drinking Dunkin's pumpkin spice latte. It is also a staple of the season; everyone knows about the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. 

If you are looking for a pumpkin spice coffee beverage that is festive, has delicious toppings, and tastes like a holiday pumpkin pie, the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte is for you.

All in all...

Even though 57% of the 100 respondents chose Starbucks over Dunkin for the champion of pumpkin spice lattes, Dunkin Donuts still has many avid fans of their special fall beverage. No matter where you decide to go for a latte on a crisp fall morning, both places will offer you a satisfying, warm feeling with sweet pumpkin flavoring that will help to jumpstart your day.