Two things we love here at Spoon: social media and food. So hey, why not pair the two together? Now that foods have been definitively matched to a social media site, you have the (valid?) excuse to snack and scroll. Ladies and gentlemen, let the fun begin.

1. Facebook

social media

Photo by Julia Maguire

Please tell me I’m not the only one who hears the singsongy voice of the Wiggles chiming “yummy yummy.” Facebook is totally, 110 percent fruit salad. Fruit salad is one salad but with a combination of different fruits, while Facebook is one social media site with a combination of various applications within it.

2. Instagram

social media

Photo by Jaclyn Alderman

Clearly the most eye-catching photos appear on Instagram, and what’s more eye-catching than a rainbow bagel? I can’t think of much. Filling our Instagram newsfeeds like never before, rainbow bagels are all the rage. Both popular and irresistible, rainbow bagels and Instagram couldn’t be more similar (except for the fact that one is edible and one is not).

3. Twitter

social media

Photo by Lee Ann Meadows

Once you start adding toppings to your ice cream it’s hard to stop. Whether ranting, carrying on conversation or quoting song lyrics, once a tweet wave hits it’s hard to make it calm. Some people tweet like there’s no tomorrow and others only send a tweet every so often. Choosing ice cream toppings is like choosing how many Tweets to send, ya feel me?

4. Snapchat

social media

Photo by Sabrina Kistler

A snapchat is gone before you know it and, inevitably, so is popcorn before a movie has had the chance to start. Snapchats are on a timer so we know how they disappear, but how popcorn vanishes so quickly will forever be a mystery.

#SpoonTip: Bored of plain popcorn? Here are 21 ways to spice it up.

5. Pinterest

social media

Photo by Stephanie Ross

Pinterest doesn’t get its own food, but instead it gets its own category: breakfast. Pinterest is for planners and in my mind, so is breakfast. Those of you who make time to prepare breakfast tend to be organized, ahead of the game and ready to tackle the day.

6. Tinder

social media

Photo by Sydney Segal

Trying to find your perfect match? Don’t worry, by swiping left or right on Tinder you’re bound to find your Cinderella or Prince Charming. Chips and salsa go hand-in-hand; dare I go as far to say they are soulmates…or possibly foodmates? I wish you the best of luck in finding the chip to your salsa on Tinder.

7. Vine

social media

Photo courtesy of torontopubliclibrary.typepad.com

With Vine, you never know what you’re going to get. For those of you unfamiliar with Harry Potter, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans are like a twist on classic jelly beans – the twist being that the flavors are a mystery. From Tutti Frutti to Earwax, you can honestly have any and every flavor imaginable.

Since vines are only 6 seconds, once you start watching there’s no time for going back, just like popping a Bott’s bean into your mouth – it’s the point of no return. May the odds be ever in your favor.

8. Yik Yak

social media

Photo by Justin Schuble

“Do you want a side of fries with that?” is a question that’s all too familiar. Fries are additional and additional is the word that comes to mind when I think of Yik Yak. Yik Yak is a place where people share extra information…information that you can most likely live your life without knowing. Are fries the picture of health? Not really. Is Yik Yak the place for you to share everyone else’s deepest, darkest secrets? Probably not.

9. LinkedIn

social media

Photo courtesy of healthyfoodelements.com

LinkedIn is probably one of the most sophisticated social media apps out there. I mean your profile is essentially an online resume designed for the sight of potential business partners. What’s more sophisticated than caviar? You just hear “caviar” and think $$$.

10. MySpace

social media

Photo by Christin Urso

MySpace. Something everyone once had and used religiously, but as they got older and new sites came around, their MySpace profile was forgotten. PB&J was a childhood classic. We all ate PB&J as kids (unless you had a PB allergy, in which case is truly tragic) but as we’ve grown older, we don’t necessarily live or thrive off of PB&J like we used to.

Even though MySpace is permanently in the past, I’m not so sure we’ll ever permanently give the boot to PB&J…