Throughout Friends, the characters worked, dated, broke up, fought, laughed and had many other significant memories in Central Perk. While watching the series, I found that their coffee orders stayed relatively consistent, and that they also coincided with their personalities.

Ross: Black Coffee

Friends

Ross is the most academic of the group. His humor and personality are a little plain, so black coffee fits him very well.

Rachel: Mocha Latte

Friends

Rachel rarely drinks coffee in Central Perk, but a mocha latte goes really well with her personality. Mocha is just enough crazy for her crazy life, and a latte is still sweet enough to mask the coffee taste. All die-hard Friends fans know Rachel can’t make great coffee.

Monica: Non-Fat Cappuccino

Friends

Monica desires everything to be in its place and go exactly how she has planned it. This is not always the case, especially when Rachel is making her coffee. We all remember the episodes with Rachel waitressing, and how she messed up 9.5/10 orders. This does not bode well with Monica because she needs her non-fat cappuccino exactly how she ordered it or the whole world will tumble out of order.

Phoebe: Organic, Non-GMO, Non-Animal-Tested Green Tea

Friends

Phoebe is the quirkiest of the bunch. Her character also has strong spiritual and life beliefs. We all love her hilarious song titled “Smelly Cat.” Well, this cat is not the only animal our vegetarian pal Phoebe cares about. This is why her coffee house drink of choice would have to be non-GMO and organic as well as never tested on animals.

Chandler: Decaf

Friends

Chandler already has a lot of energy, so there is no need for caffeine. We don’t need him to be anymore sarcastic than he already is.

Joey: Cappuccino with Whole Milk and Muffin 

Friends

Joey loves food, and “JOEY DOES NOT SHARE FOOD.” Of course he will order a muffin or other dessert to satisfy his never ending hunger.