We are now officially in the midst of the holiday season. This means that for movie enthusiasts and lovers everywhere, all of their favorite movies are being played constantly on TV and Netflix. It seems almost impossible to escape them. So why not give in and get away from the cold for just a few hours to watch a holiday movie?

Every classic holiday movie has a snack that goes along with it perfectly and adds to the movie watching experience. So what is the best snack to eat to accompany your favorite holiday movie?

It is time to find out.

A Christmas Story

There is simply no better snack to eat while watching A Christmas Story than fudge. Anyone who has watched this movie knows that one of the biggest scenes in the movie is when Ralphie loses his father's tire bolts in the snow and shouts "oh fudge". So, enjoy fudge while watching Ralphie getting punished for saying this very word.

Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas 

Even though sour candy is not actually featured in Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas, I can assure you that anyone who has seen this movie will agree that the Grinch has a pretty sour heart. Therefore, there is no better way to get in the mood to watch this movie than to eat the candy that represents not only the Grinch, but also his feelings towards Christmas.

The Polar Express

One of the most famous songs from The Polar Express, and my personal favorite, is the "Hot Chocolate" song. I cannot think of a better way to watch this movie or listen to, and maybe sing along to, the "Hot Chocolate" song than while drinking some hot, homemade hot chocolate. So enjoy warming up while drinking your hot chocolate and maybe even top it off with some marshmallows. 

Home Alone 

The actual scene in Home Alone that starts the movie and forces Kevin to stay home alone while his family travels to Paris is the scene in which he fights with his older brother about the fact that he ate all of the cheese pizza. Once he is actually home alone, Kevin orders a large cheese pizza all for himself.

So, do exactly what Kevin did and order a cheese pizza to enjoy while watching this movie.

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

After getting lost a second time, but this time in New York, Kevin books a room in the Plaza Hotel and does what everyone who has ever ordered room service dreams of. He orders a huge ice cream sundae complete with various different toppings. Be like Kevin and do the same while watching Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. Make a delicious ice cream sundae complete with your favorite flavors and toppings. 

Elf 

Although Elf is a newer holiday movie, it has quickly become a classic. Buddy loves candy and chocolate covered spaghetti just as much as any real elf would. So, before sitting down to watch this movie, do as Buddy would and make yourself heaping plate of spaghetti.

You might want to hold off on covering it with chocolate and candy though.

Miracle on 34th Street

I don't know about you, but one of my favorite scenes in Miracle on 34th Street is when Kris Kringle is sitting with Susan in her room as she is about to go to sleep. Susan shares a piece of bubble gum with him and he blows a bubble with it and this bubble pops all over his beard.

If you too decide to chew some bubble gum during this movie you'll definitely feel like Kris Kringle and Susan.

Just try keep the bubble blowing to a minimum.

The Santa Clause 

If you've seen any of the three The Santa Clause movies then you know that the premise of the movies is a man named Scott becoming Santa Clause. So why not embrace Santa a little yourself while watching any movie from this series and enjoy some milk and cookies.

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Rudolph is easily Santa's most famous reindeer and a classic symbol of Christmas spirit. I doubt that you will go through this holiday season without watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Movie, at least once. Since Rudolph's nose is classically red, try eating some candy canes while watching him help to save Christmas.

No matter what your favorite holiday movie is, there is a perfect snack to go along with it. Once you have watched your favorites, try watching a few new holiday movies.

Maybe you'll find a new favorite.