I acquired the most bomb Christmas sweater back in high school by digging through some old stuff of my mom's. It's red and had a whole fireplace scene sewn onto the front with satin and beading. There's a wreath hanging over the brick beaded fire place, a Christmas tree, and my favorite part, a 3-D white cat made with cotton balls sleeping on a rug in front of the fire. I immediately stole it and never gave it back—it's a classic, and it got me through many important holiday parties in college. And now, it's going to get me free doughnuts at Krispy Kreme.

Yes, Get Free Doughnuts on Friday

This Friday, Dec. 15, is National Ugly Sweater Day. Who knew? Well, Krispy Kreme did, and they want to see what hideousness you've had stashed away in your closet. By wearing your ugly sweater on Friday, you can get a dozen of the Original Glazed Doughnuts for free when you purchase another dozen. So yeah, that's two dozen doughnuts for the price of one, just for wearing a sweater. 

You can save them all for yourself if you want. I mean, it is a Friday, so go wild. Or you can actually participate in the season of giving and share the 24 doughnuts with all your friends. You do you. 

You can check the site here to see if your local spot is participating in the deal, but a quick look at the list and it seems like almost everyone is doing it. 

Krispy Kreme Is All About the Holidays

If you have more spirit than Buddy the Elf, you may also be interested in knowing that Krispy Kreme is releasing a limited edition Gingerbread Glazed Doughnut. You can only get it for one day, on Tuesday, Dec. 12, so you're going to be pretty busy this week. 

If this isn't already obvious, I'm pretty pumped to pull my classic sweater out of the archives. I made the mistake of trying to replace it with a new sweater that reads "All The Jingle Ladies," because I apparently have no respect for myself. But I've come to my senses, and I'll see you on Friday at Krispy Kreme.