It seems like every day is a different national food holiday. Yesterday, Dec. 4, was National Cookie Day. Now, coming up next is National Gingerbread House Day on Dec. 12, and our favorite doughnut chain (sorry Dunkin' Donuts) is going all out: Krispy Kreme is releasing a Gingerbread Glazed Doughnut. The new festive doughnut will be only offered on Dec. 12 at participating locations, though, so mark your calendars. 

It Sounds Delicious

Photo courtesy of Krispy Kreme

This Krispy Kreme Gingerbread Doughnut will be made of gingerbread dough and covered in a gingerbread-molasses glaze. It's the perfect treat to get you into the holiday spirit. 

“Gingerbread is a classic holiday flavor, and now there’s a delicious new way to enjoy it with the classic qualities of our original glazed doughnut,” Jackie Woodward, Chief Marketing Officer at Krispy Kreme, said in a press release. "We take the holiday fun of gingerbread houses and celebrate it with the never-ending fun of Original Glazed doughnuts.”

But Wait, There's More

Megan Doll

This isn't the first time that Krispy Kreme has released a limited-edition doughnut. Just this summer, the popular doughnut chain released a doughnut in honor of the solar eclipse. And again, they released a pumpkin spice donut this October that was available on select Fridays.

While the Krispy Kreme Gingerbread Doughnut will only be offered on Dec. 12, National Gingerbread House Day, you'll have other opportunities in December to get a hold of some pretty sweet Krispy Kreme deals. On Dec. 15, National Ugly Sweater Day, wear your favorite ugly sweater to Krispy Kreme and you'll get a free doughnut when you buy another. 

As someone who is over the pumpkin spice craze, I'm excited for the Krispy Kreme Gingerbread Doughnut to be released. Although, I have to say, I am a bit bummed that this deal is only lasting one day. I already have the date marked in my calendar to enjoy one of these doughnuts. Or a dozen... It is holiday season after all.