Spoon University Logo
Van's Waffle Quality
Van's Waffle Quality
Lifestyle

Van’s Protein Packed Frozen Waffles Will Make You Forget All About Eggos

Waking up in the morning is already hard enough, but making a breakfast that will fuel your body when you are still half asleep is even harder. Luckily for us, Van’s Foods created a delicious breakfast food that’s both nutritious and easy. Van’s Power Grains Waffles are the best of both worlds, and they’re here to save you from leaving your house with an unsatisfied stomach. All you need is a toaster and you’re good to go. Although ditching Eggos might make you feel less like Eleven, Van’s Power Grain Waffles are sure to give you the energy you need to conquer the day, and perhaps a few episodes of Stranger Things. 

What Goes Into the Waffles

Van’s makes sure that the foods you are putting into your body have no artificial flavors or preservatives. The main ingredients in the waffles are enriched flour, Van’s power grain mix, and whey protein isolate. Van’s power grain mix is made with an impressive list of ingredients: whole wheat flour, cracked red wheat, steel cut oats, millet, and brown rice.

I was definitely skeptical if the waffles would taste good when I first read everything that went into the power grain mix. But after taking my first bite, I was pleasantly surprised at how incredible it tasted. 

The Nutrition Details

The nutritional info for these waffles is incredibly impressive. For every serving of two waffles, you’re taking in 10 grams of protein and 25% of your daily value of calcium. And to top it all off, two waffles contains only 200 calories and 6 grams of sugar. Talk about diet-friendly.

How to Make Them 

Van's
Rachael Stockel

My typical routine involves microwaving the waffles for about 20 seconds just to defrost, and then popping them into the toaster for about 3 minutes. This method results in a crispy waffle that’s great for when you’re in a rush in the morning.

The alternative method of preparation requires a bit more patience and time but yields a better outcome. What you have to do is defrost them in the toaster for about 5-7 minutes, which should then produce a waffle that’s crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside.

Toppings for these waffles can be whatever you can dream up. I currently love topping my waffles with pumpkin butter, because I’m still longing for autumn. However, if you’re not a fan of pumpkin butter, you can use Nutella, maple syrup, or jam to give your waffles some extra pizazz. 

Conclusion

These waffles have taken out so much of the struggle that’s associated with mornings. Now, I no longer have to agonize over making breakfast; instead, I can pop waffles into the toaster while I’m getting ready and not have to worry about it. Van’s Foods also makes many other products: other types of waffles, pancakes, french toast sticks, cereals, crackers, snack bars, and granola. And if you’re sensitive to gluten, Van’s has you covered with their plethora of gluten-free products.

As Van’s says, “nutritious rhymes with delicious.” They certainly couldn’t be more right when it comes to their Power Grains Waffles.

I love working out and being outdoors and with that I have learned the importance of good nutrition. Food, to me, is not only fuel, but also something you can create and enjoy.