Christmas parties are awesome. You see people you don't usually see, everyone is drinking and having fun, and you're with family who roast you for all of your life choices. To help you get into the holiday spirit, I created the ultimate Christmas drinking game for every Christmas occasion. 

The 12 Drinks of Christmas has 12 rules and works for every sort of Christmas party. This Christmas drinking game is coming to you in two versions: Family Fiesta and Ratchet Frat Party, because you all know that at every Christmas party there's something that makes you want to drink.

Whether it's the tacky sweaters, crazy relatives, or your favorite music of all time, let the drinking begin (responsibly). 

Family Fiesta Christmas Drinking Game

The rules are simple. If you hear or see one of these things happening, take a sip, shot, or finish your cup. Make your own adjustments according to your tolerance. If you want to be extra festive, make any of these 12 Christmas drinks to get you through the holidays.

Take a sip if:

1. Two people bring the same dish and it becomes a competition. I'm sorry Tia Olga, but Tia Angela's green bean casserole was just better.

2. There's more than one Christmas tree at the party. One sip per tree.

3. The reigning king and queen of Christmas music are playing, and by that I mean Michael Bublé and Mariah Carey. 

4. You hear someone complain about how Christmas is excessive, commercialized, or not as fun as when they were a kid. Drink and stop focusing on that cotton-headed ninny muggin.

Take a shot if:

5. Someone tells you "You've gotten so big!" "I remember when you were a baby," or "you were *puts hand close to the ground* this tall the last time I saw you." 

6. Someone asks "What are you doing with your life?" Thanks Uncle John, like I haven't been asking myself that since I first started high school.

7. You're forced to play a game with your little cousin like dress up or hide-n-seek. Don't get me wrong, I love both of these games, but they can always be more fun with this twist.

8. Find the person with the tackiest sweater and take a shot with them. If you're the one with the tackiest sweater, have fun. I'm sorry, I don't make the rules (even though I do, and I'm actually not sorry).

9. Elf is playing in the background.

Finish your drink if:

10. Someone asks "Are you still single?" This way you have an excuse to leave that conversation. 

11. If you still eat dinner at the "kids' table." Nothing's funnier than sitting next to your adult cousins (who are also drinking) at the "kids' table"

12. A family member tells a very embarrassing story about you to someone who barely knows you. Thanks, mom. 

Ratchet Frat Party Christmas Drinking Game

The same rules apply, but this is really where it gets interesting. I once went to an "Around the World" (like Epcot) Christmas frat party and I knocked off all of these. It probably would have tasted better with any of these Holiday punches or one of these 12 cookie recipes though. 

Take a sip if:

1. Someone is straight-up making out under the mistletoe. This isn't what Christmas is about.

2. Someone's wearing a Christmas hat that isn't Santa but is way more tacky, like with jingle bells or antlers (I own one of each). 

3. Again, you hear someone complain about how Christmas is excessive, commercialized, or not as fun as when they were a kid. Drink and stop focusing on that cotton-headed ninny muggin.

4. Again, the reigning king and queen of Christmas are playing, and by that I mean Michael Buble and Mariah Carey. 

5. You hear a really bad hip hop Christmas remix. 

Take a shot if:

6. Someone asks you to sit on their lap. Ho Ho holy s**t. No.

7. Someone's outfit is just Christmas lights. Look away. 

8. Again, find the person with the tackiest sweater and take a shot with them. If you're the one with the tackiest sweater, have fun.

9. Again, Elf is playing the background. 

10. Your friends are the tacky, over-the-top, fun group of people that everyone is giving weird looks. #toolit

Finish your drink if:

11. You see a slutty Santa ... finish your drink.

12. There's an outdoor Christmas decoration inside, such as a large inflatable snowman. I'm not even sure how they fit one inside, but I was impressed. 

There you have it. The Christmas drinking game for family events and college parties. Next time you go to a Christmas party and start to get bored, or just want to have fun in general, bust out these rules and enjoy. Remember to always drink responsibly.