'Tis graduation season once again, and this year I'm part of the lucky bunch! To celebrate I'm reminiscing about some of the most iconic food memories over the course of my UConn experience.

Here are some of the best foods that I believe all UConn students should experience at least once during college!

1) DP Dough Calzones---after Midnight

I feel like DP Dough is every UConn college freshman's first "order-out" food. To get the full experience, you have to have it delivered to your dorm room after midnight. If you're frugal, go for their 2 for $12 deal on Wednesdays. My calzone of choice is the "Chicken ParmaZone."

Maia Annunziato

2) Graham Central Station Ice Cream

Some people love it, others hate it. I'm definitely in the "love" category. I've never seen or heard of a graham-cracker flavored ice cream outside of UConn, but it is honestly one of my favorite flavors of all time. Make sure to grab a free scoop when it's available at the dining hall (looking at you, meal plan people).

freezer, flavors, ice cream
Dorothy Berger

3) Rec Center Smoothies

What's better than a smoothie after a hard workout? I can't think of anything. Whoever's idea it was to put a smoothie bar in the Rec center, I'd like to personally thank you. I'm a big fan of the Mango-Strawberry smoothie. 

Healthy, sweet, Liquid, berry, straw, Drink, Cold, Red, Pink, outside, hand, cup, banana, Fruit, smoothie, strawberry
Katie Kasperson

4) Mac & Cheese from the Union

...or from the dining hall, The Beanery, Bookworms, and any of the other cafés. All of them use the same Mac & Cheese recipe, apparently, but it's a popular item for good reason. UConn Mac & Cheese has saved me from getting hangry in the library more times than I can count. 

Maia Annunziato

5) Bubble Tea from Tea More Cafe

Nothing hits the spot like a bubble tea! Don't be fooled, this tea was finished by the end of my 5 minute car ride...yes, it's that good. And at a price of $4, Tea More can't be beat. My personal fav is Green Milk Tea.

Maia Annunziato

6) Spring Weekend Food Truck Festival

UConn Spring Weekend is already pretty iconic, but the food truck festival is something you just can't miss.

My best advice: get in line early, then eat your food while waiting in line for the next truck! Here's some vegan chickpea curry I got from Lizzie's at this year's festival.

Maia Annunziato

7) Breakfast at Dog Lane Cafe

Everything I've tried at Dog Lane is fantastic, but breakfast is where they really shine.

Some must-try favorites include their Turkey Avocado Breakfast sandwich (pictured below) or the Bagel with Smoked Sandwich. Bonus: do some studying there once in a while, it's a pretty cool place.

Maia Annunziato

8) Chicken Wings

Chicken wings are just a classic college food. The dining hall will always be packed on chicken wing nights! Grab them while you can... 

If you don't have a meal plan, Wings Over Storrs or Wing Stop has got you covered. I'm not even going to get into the debate of which one is better.

Maia Annunziato

9) Ted's BBQ Chicken and Onion Ring Pizza or Sgt. Pep's Buffalo Chicken Pizza

I couldn't decide which one of these was more deserving to make this list, so you're just going to have to try them both!

Though not exactly the healthiest choice, they will never disappoint you as a late night meal or snack. 

Maia Annunziato

10) Dairy Bar Ice Cream to be eaten on Horsebarn Hill

Nothing is more iconic than ice cream on Horsebarn! No matter the flavor, the UConn Dairy bar is always a delicious choice. If you're a senior (or even if you're not), I recommend making the short trek to the top of the hill with the Senior Scoop to look out over the beautiful campus.

cow, homemade, ice cream
Dorothy Berger

If you're graduating soon, I hope you had the opportunity to try at least a few of these classic UConn foods.

And if you're new here, these are just a few of many food experiences UConn has to offer. Here's to many more delicious memories!