Everyone has experienced endless scrolling on Tiktok every now and then. If you're anything like me, you find yourself saving a lot of recipes and meal ideas, promising yourself you will make this recipe today. In reality, the videos pile up and only some are made. But when I finally have the free time to make a recipe, there are some that everyone should try at least once in their life. From pancakes as cereal and leftover salmon bowls to cookie skillets and instant mug cakes, these are some easy and trendy Tiktok recipes you must try at home. 

Pancake Cereal

These mini, quarter-sized breakfast treats are so versatile. Using your boxed or homemade pancake batter, you drop dollops of batter on a pan and cook until golden. There are vegan, gluten-free, and vegetarian options where you can substitute oat flour for all purpose flour, or applesauce for eggs. You can even mix in toppings like chocolate chips, blueberries, cinnamon, strawberries, and even bacon! Don't forget to drizzle maple syrup or add a dollop of peanut butter on top of your mini pancakes! 

Check out this video of the trendy Tiktok recipe tutorial on Instagram by @thenaughtyfork to see the magic for yourself.

Salmon and Rice Bowl

You've probably seen this famous, mashed-up combination of salmon, rice, avocado, and seaweed all over your feed. Made with leftovers from the night before, this easy and trendy Tiktok recipe is perfect for college students looking for a quick dinner or lunch.

Emily Mariko, a famous Tiktok influencer, is known for her simplistic yet innovative salmon and rice bowl using leftover ingredients. Here is a video from her Tiktok of her making a salmon and rice bowl. It's perfectly delicious, versatile, and nutritious. 

Air-Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet

For this recipe, you start with your typical recipe of cookie dough of eggs, flour, butter, salt, sugar, vanilla extract, and bicarbs. Instead of separating into small pieces, you put the whole dough in a pre-heated skillet and let it cook. Like most recipes, there are various versions of this cookie skillet. You can substitute ingredients to make it gluten free, vegan, or vegetarian.  

The end result should be a golden brown cookie, crispy on the edges and gooey in the center, on a skillet. This recipe is made for multiple servings so you can surprise your family or friends with this beautiful dish. You can reheat this dish so don't worry if you can't finish the whole thing! Don't forget to treat everyone with a generous scoop of ice cream on top! 

Here is an Instagram post from @justataste with her cookie skillet recipe using the stovetop instead of an air-fryer. The link with the recipe should be in her bio for anyone to view.

Instant Mug Cake 

This easy instant mug cake recipe can be enjoyed all year long. Made in less than 2 minutes with your microwave, it's the perfect treat for a night cap after a long study session. Using milk, flour, salt, cocoa powder, and salt, you don't need fancy baking ingredients for this recipe. Enjoy with crushed cookies or Oreos, or your favorite flavor of ice cream!

Finding a recipe has been streamlined with social media platforms such as TikTok. Recipes don't need to be eccentric or complex for it to be viral- let's face it: the salmon bowl is a cacophony of last night's leftovers. There's something for everyone, whether you're an athlete looking for extra fuel in your meals or you're a student looking for quick and cheap recipe ideas.