Mochi is the doughy, sweet ice cream dessert that dreams are made of. If you've never delighted your taste buds to the treat, imagine a ball of creamy ice cream enveloped in a chewy, pillowy dumpling. It's heavenly. But like many ice cream desserts, mochi can be more difficult to find in non-dairy form. Trader Joe's, however, has made dairy-free dreams come true by carrying vegan mochi.

sweet, egg, mochi, candy, dairy product, cream
Gabby Phi

Recently, Trader Joe's has started carrying Buono Mochi in strawberry and green tea flavors, sold for $3.99 for a pack of eight.

Made in Thailand, these coconut-milk based mochi deliver on both flavor and texture. It also helps that they're free of dairy, eggs, gluten, and soy, giving shoppers of all dietary patterns a yummy dessert option.

Katherine Baker

The brand also makes mochi in vanilla, mango, chocolate, black sesame, and coconut, among other non-mochi frozen dessert products

Trader Joe's has carried non-dairy mochi seasonally in the past in mango and coffee flavors, but the mochi had a saucy gel center (and were, in my humble opinion, not very tasty due to the gooey middle). 

Katherine Baker

With the addition of these delicious (non-gooey) Buono Mochi in two widely-loved flavors, non-dairy dessert lovers everywhere already have something to celebrate in 2018.