Super Bowl 51 is quickly approaching, which gives us another excuse to gather in front of the TV and celebrate with traditional football food and drinks. The beer will be flowing, and the chips will be dipped—but this year, one brand is making it easy for you to party. Tostitos partnered with Mothers Against Drunk Driving to give you chips and an alcohol sensor so that you don't drink and drive.

liquor, beer
Marina Nazario

Tostitos made the first of its kind, innovative "party safe" chips bag. It includes a built-in alcohol sensor (similar to a breathalyzer) that you blow into so that it can detect if you've had too much to drink. If it detects that you have take one too many shots, a light on the front of the bag will turn red. If you're in the clear, the light will turn green. 

“Our goal is to remove 25,000 cars from the roads that Sunday evening,” said Jennifer Saenz, Frito-Lay chief marketing officer in a statement. “Whether watching the big game at a friend’s house or at a local bar, a safe ride home is just a few, easy taps away. By simply entering a participating Tostitos UPC code in the Uber app, fans nationwide can receive $10 off an Uber ride.”

ale, wine, beer
Marina Nazario

That gets me to my next point—for how cool this is, it's almost impossible to get your hands on one of these limited edition, party safe bags. So Tostitos is offering party-goers $10 off an Uber ride on Super Bowl Sunday.

If you purchased a normal (non-cool) Tostitos chips bag, look for the last five digits of the barcode on the back of the bag. Enter those five digits in the promo section of the Uber app, and you got yourself $10 off your ride home on Sunday, February 5th. The promotion is limited to the first 25,000 users, so plan accordingly.

We got our hands on one of these mind-blowing party safe chip bags—and it really works. I was sober when I tried it the first time, and it turned green. I was curious if it would turn red if I drank—and how many drinks it would take for it to turn red. So I took a quick shot of whiskey and immediately used the breathalyzer on the bag. It turned an alarming shade of red with the words "don't drink and drive" clearly stated on the bag. Good to know.  

wine, beer
Marina Nazario

It's an awesome concept that I wish would be more widely distributed for the big game. With major beer companies, like Budweiser and Anheuser-Busch, taking up most of the advertising space before and during the Super Bowl, it's easy to be influenced to purchase and drink beer. (Hey, it's their job.) But rather than discourage you from having a beer with your chips and dip, Tostitos is simply offering you a way home. And that's pretty f*cking dope.