Brunch — the time when you can eat syrupy waffles, drink champagne, and eat a burger at the same time. Because it's the most delicious time of the day, it's no wonder that Sunday brunches and brunch spots are an abundance in New York City. However, with so many options available, it can be difficult to choose where to sit down and enjoy your meal on the weekend. Here are the ten best brunch spots that may or may not become one of your favorites.

1. Milk & Honey Café

This cute café is located in Flatbush, Brooklyn and serves delicious foods and drinks. However, there are two things that separates this café from its counterparts. First and foremost, the foods and drinks are aesthetically pleasing so you can bless your Instagram feed. Secondly, it is halal! The restaurant owner has confirmed that the meat served is halal, so Muslims can dine without any worry of consuming bits of bacon in their eggs.

2. Queens Comfort

Mac 'n' cheese balls, disco tots, captain crunch chicken and waffles, and lucky charms cake donuts. Is your mouth watering yet? Queens Comfort in Astoria, Queens serves creative and unique desserts and comfort foods. They are also known to serve cheques inside of Poke balls so if you weren't convinced by disco tots, you are now.

3. Max Brenner

Chocolate lovers, here is your calling! Max Brenner is a well-known chocolatier restaurant and is one of the crowded tourist attractions of NYC located in Union Square. Brunch at Max Brenner consists of crepes loaded with rich chocolate spread or waffles drizzled with fruit and chocolate. You can get coffee with chocolate. You can also get chocolate syringes. Basically, you can get everything chocolate here. Even if you aren't too crazy for cocoa, Max Brenner offers simple omelettes and comfort foods as part of their brunch menu as well.

4. Upstairs at the Kimberly Hotel

For a classier approach to brunch, head to Upstairs at the Kimberly Hotel in Midtown East. The rooftop lounge serves mimosas, wraps, Eggs Benedict, and other classic brunch foods which you can enjoy with a beautiful view of the city.

5. Jack's Wife Freda

If you're looking for a break from the classic eggs with Hollandaise sauce and mimosas, Jack's Wife Freda is the perfect place to visit. Jack's Wife Freda has two locations in Manhattan and serves Middle Eastern styled brunch foods. The owners are Israeli and have ensured that the food served is kosher. Also, they have sugar packets with cute sayings on them!

6. Ladurée New York Soho

Not really a coffee person? Well, then you might want to try this tearoom in Soho, Manhattan. The intricate pastries served are so beautiful, you're going to want to stare for a good ten minutes. They also serve several types of macaroons, savory foods, and a wide selections of teas. If you do happen to bring a friend who enjoys their coffee, they even serve coffee here. It's a win-win situation for everyone. 

7. Martha's Country Bakery

Sometimes, you wake up at noon and aren't in the mood for anything except a latte and maybe a dessert that isn't overly inexpensive. Martha's Country Bakery, which has locations all over Brooklyn and Queens, serves a wide selection of desserts and drinks that are easy on your wallet and appetite.

8. Sugar Freak

Living in the big ol' city of New York City doesn't mean we have to miss out on country-style food. Sugar Freak is serving Louisiana and Southern-style cooking in the heart of Astoria, Queens. Cajun frittatas, biscuits and gravy, and grits are among the outstanding dishes available at this restaurant. This is quite a delicious change from the bagels and coffee us New Yorkers are used to. 

9. The Bagel Store

Bacon, egg, and cheese might as well be one word in NYC because it is one of the most popular breakfast and brunch foods. Here's a twist on traditional bagels though! Brooklyn's The Bagel Store serves up beautiful, colorful bagels with different types of fillings. They have normal bagels too, and those are equally as great.

10. Friedman's

Need to find a place for a Sunday brunch gathering? Friedman's is great for group dining, and there are multiple locations in Manhattan. Friedman's offers a wide selection of foods from pastrami sandwiches, avocado toast, pancakes to different types of eggs — they've got everything! So if you're going with a group with vegans, meat-lovers, and sweet-troths, then make a reservation at Friedman's.

These are only ten great food places from the hundreds of  brunch spots throughout the five boroughs of New York City. So if you don't know where to begin, or want to try the best of the best, then consider those ten eateries. Thanks a "brunch" for reading!