One of my fondest childhood memories was going for walks on sunny days with my mum and getting ice creams from the ice cream van. Even now, having one of my favorite lollies brings back so much joy, and since summer is right around the corner, here are the top 10 ice creams to get! Whatever flavors you might be a fan of, there's something here for everyone.

10. Twister

I loved twister because whenever I had one, it meant that I didn't have to decide whether I wanted an ice cream or an ice lolly. the flavors just scream summer: pineapple ice cream, lime and strawberry fruit ice- a perfect combination.

9. Screwball

9. Screwball

There was nothing more exciting than a frozen treat with a gumball at the bottom, and that's exactly what a screwball is! You know you were the coolest kid if your mum bought you one of these.

8. Magnum

8. Magnum

This one was definitely the fancy ice cream. It now comes in so many different flavors but the originals are white and milk chocolate. It's pretty much vanilla ice cream coated in (a good amount of) chocolate. Anyone else feeling like going to Tesco and buying the whole stock? Same. 

7. Smarties Pop Up

Smarties were the ultimate childhood treat because they were made of chocolate and were basically an edible rainbow. Combined with vanilla ice cream and the ability to pop it up which as you're eating and you have the ultimate summer treat! Or a treat for any time of the year, really. 

6. Fab

5

Nostalgia on a stick! Strawberry ice on the bottom, vanilla ice cream on top and then the very top dipped in chocolate and covered in sprinkles. It's definitely the most aesthetically pleasing, too. 

5. Cornetto

Ah, nothing beats the classic! Everyone has their preference of flavors but personally my favorite was strawberry. There's also something about waffle cones that just makes me jump for joy.

4. Rocket Lolly

Rocket lollies come in so many different brands but nevertheless was a staple during summer- and still is. There's nothing more refreshing than a colourful fruit lolly shaped like a rocket. And yes, I refuse to eat it if it's not rocket shaped.

3. Calippo

I love Calippo because it prevents ice cream drips and the inevitable mess that occurs when you have a cone. Plus, there are so many flavors- and when it melts into the paper packaging you have yourself a slushie to enjoy, its a win-win situation!

2.

2. Nobbly Bobbly

2. Nobbly Bobbly

I still get excited over this one, and I still don't like sharing because it's one of my favorites. Chocolate ice cream in the middle, covered with a layer of strawberry ice cream, then dipped in chocolate and hundreds and thousands. It's the prettiest, most colorful (and delicious) ice cream for a summer day. Not to mention, who doesn't love copious amounts of sprinkles?

1. Flake Cone

I couldn't write an article about the best ice creams without including a Flake Cone, could I? Soft ice cream in a cone, with a flake on top is hands down the best summer treats, and I can't get enough of them.

1. Flake Cone

So go out and treat yourself to an ice cream- the weather's too good just to stay inside.