Growing up, Rice Krispies Treats were a staple lunch-box snack. And I never complained- the chewy and sweet bar was actually one of my favorite things to eat. With that being said, now, as a health conscious teen, I tend to stay away from sugar laden snacks. Luckily, I recently came across an answer to my call: Ooh Snap Protein Bars.

The company SnapNutrition makes protein bars that taste like a grown up version of those gooey, crunchy treats we all know and love. However, Ooh Snap Bars are packed with fifteen grams of protein, nine grams of fiber, and only three to four grams of sugar. Listed below is my unofficial ranking of the three flavors of the bars.

1. Caramel Pretzel

This flavor was out of this world. The caramel flavor was strong and worked perfectly with the pretzel pieces that were scattered throughout the crispy bar. The bottom had a simple, sugary coating that brought all of the flavors together.

Rating: 10/10

2. Chocolate Peanut Butter

The peanut butter and chocolate flavors here worked surprisingly well with the crispy texture of the bar. As a peanut butter lover, this bar was spot-on. The PB was able to stand up against the chocolate and resulted in an equal balance of flavors.

Rating: 9/10

3. Vanilla Marshmallow

This Vanilla Marshmallow bar tasted the most like a Rice Krispies Treat out of the three I tried. The marshmallow flavor definitely comes through, and makes this bar (almost overly) sweet and tasty. 

Rating: 8.5/10

SnapNutrition makes some seriously great protein bars, packed full of flavors and nutrients. They make a great snack for when you're craving something sweet, but don't want to go overboard calories-wise. You can purchase the bars on their website and experience the most delicious nostalgia ever.