The most wonderful time of the year has just ended, but I bet you still have leftovers, and there's always room for more festive food. Here is a list to help you figure out which Christmas treats to keep around and which ones to leave in the past.

9. Mince Pies

Okay, so these babies might look pretty, but the idea of eating a sweet pie filled with 'mincemeat' isn't incredibly appealing to me. Mincemeat consists of dried fruit, spices, and distilled spirits. Traditional mincemeat is also made with beef suet. I'm sure these treats are delicious when the moment is right, but of all the Christmas foods, these really do the least for me.

8. Fruit Cake

So, I'll be honest, I've never actually tried Christmas cake, nor do I really intend to. I am sure Fruit Cake (or, Fruitcake) has a few redeeming qualities, but candied fruits and a cake soaked in spirits simply does not sound appetizing enough to even warrant a try from me. Maybe one day, I'll change my mind.

7. Eggnog 

So, I have a feeling this might be a bit of a controversial opinion. I will say, Eggnog isn't terrible, but it just can't compete with other amazing Christmas treats. Also, the thought of drinking raw eggs is just not exciting to me. Still, as a Christmas staple, this frothy, warm drink will always have a special place in my heart.

6. Candy Canes

Candy Canes are phenomenal, and they are one of my favorite treats throughout the holidays, but I wouldn't keep them around after the new year. Really, I feel like candy canes add more nostalgia than they do flavor. But I'd still add them to many Christmas desserts. 

5. Gingerbread

First, gingerbread houses are incredibly fun to decorate (and eventually eat). But, what I mean by gingerbread here is an actual gingerbread loaf. This stuff is magical, especially with some cream cheese frosting. Of the sweetbreads (think pumpkin, lemon, banana) it definitely ranks up there as one of my favorites. Unfortunately, I feel gingerbread doesn't get enough credit. So if you're a fan of sugar and spice, it's time to try this sweet and spicey loaf.  

4. Bûche de Noël

Also know as a Yule Log, Bûche de Noël is an absolute classic. The chocolate ganache and vanilla cake combo do it for me every time. Nothing says Christmas like being served one of these after a massive Christmas dinner. But I'm also happy to eat this cake all year round.

3. Christmas Cookies

Who doesn't love filling up on a variety of Christmas cookies? These are a staple in my house every year, and they're unfortunately gone in a flash. Not only are these fun to eat, but baking them makes a great family activity. I personally love peppermint anything for Christmas, so give this recipe a try. 

2. Hot Chocolate

Hot chocolate is absolutely the perfect drink for any wintery occasion—sledding, ice skating, and movie-watching included. My favorite way to drink hot chocolate is cuddled up under a big blanket with lots of marshmallows and whip cream. Bonus: Dip your candy cane inside for that true Christmas flavor. 

1. Yorkshire Pudding

If you've never tried Yorkshire Pudding, I truly apologize because you are missing out. This baked pudding is usually made from eggs, flour, milk or water. I grew up eating these every Christmas, and they really are an all-year-round kind of treat. These are absolutely the most scrumptious savory baked goods around, and I recommend everyone add them to their Christmas (or, honestly, any) meal. 

So, there you have it: There are my favorite and least favorite Christmas foods. As you can see, I will definitely bring hot chocolate and gingerbread into 2021. Which treats will you be enjoying this year?