Alright folks, it’s that time of year again. 2016 is over and the new year is officially upon us. Since it’s out with the old and in with the new, I decided to reflect on everything that I tried this year. One of which is eggnog. This sweet, rich, creamy drink usually makes its debut around the holidays, and is a staple drink for me and many others.

Although I have always loved the classic eggnog, I noticed that it is no longer limited to one flavor but instead a whole array of flavors. Being the eggnog enthusiast that I am, I made it a mission to try every one (okay, so I sound a little obsessed, but who could turn down some of these flavors?) So, in the spirit of the New Year, I decided to list the top flavors for the 2016 season:   

6. Sugar Cookie Eggnog

candy, beer, chocolate
Elizabeth Budd

I was so surprised at how much this tastes like a sugar cookie. If you close your eyes, you feel like you're actually eating cookie dough. It's sugary and buttery, so what's not to love?  

5. Dairy-Free Holiday Nog

cake, beer
Elizabeth Budd

To my lactose-free friends, don’t fret! This eggnog made from coconut milk still packs that holiday, spicy punch that you want from your classic eggnog. Although not as creamy as regular eggnog, it is still definitely a top flavor for 2016. 

4. Pumpkin Eggnog

hot sauce, condiment, beer
Elizabeth Budd

This is a pumpkin spice lovers dream. It has everything you want from a PSL. Pumpkin spice mixed with the creaminess of eggnog, it is out of this world. Whether you like pumpkin or not, there is no denying how delectable this eggnog flavor is.  

3. Vanilla Eggnog

ice, beer
Elizabeth Budd

Do you ever drink the melted vanilla ice cream that's left sitting in your bowl? This eggnog tastes exactly like that. It's thick, rich, sweet and honestly a little bit addicting. 

2. Golden Eggnog 

beer
Elizabeth Budd

I'm not exactly sure what they meant by "Golden," but this is definitely a winner. It has a rich, buttery, slightly spicy flavor, that is truly mouth-watering. What could be better? 

1. Classic Eggnog

chocolate, beer, milk
Elizabeth Budd

What kind of Eggnog lover would I be if I didn't include this? There is absolutely nothing better than a cold glass of good ol' eggnog, with a dash of nutmeg on top. This is a traditional, timeless flavor that cannot be beat. Classic eggnog is always a show-stopper.  

There you have it, the top flavors of eggnog of 2016. Use this as your guide to Nog heaven and see if our tastebuds are like-minded. Fingers crossed that most of these flavors and more make it back on the market for 2017.