I've always enjoyed the occasional face mask. Whether I'm spending the night in or am having pesky break outs, face masks are my go-to pre-bedtime ritual. Over the years, my friends and I have tried several face masks from a variety of different brands at a variety of different price points. I decided to reflect upon those different face masks and compiled them into a list so that you can try them out for yourself.

Boscia

After seeing a bunch of videos on YouTube and social media of people trying Boscia's Luminizing Black Charcoal Mask, I just had to try it out for myself. A 2.8-ounce bottle sells for $34 at Sephora

To apply the face mask, spread a thick and even coat across your face, avoiding your eyebrows and your hairline. Let the face mask dry for about 20 to 30 minutes, and then peel it off. I'll admit it, the peel-off process is super satisfying. Although some people have complained of pain when removing the face mask, I found that it was easy to remove and relatively pain-free. 

The results? After using the face mask, my skin appeared significantly less oily, and I noticed that my pores seemed even more refined. I use the face mask less than once a month because I have noticed that my skin gets slightly pink and irritated as the face mask dries. However, for the occasional use, I think it is definitely worth it, and the results are noticeable.

Vichy

I love using the Vichy Double Glow Peel Face Mask and the Vichy Pore Purifying Clay Face Mask. A 2.5-ounce bottle of each mask sells for $20.49 at Target, and they last forever. I've had the masks for at least 4 months, and I still have at least one-quarter of each jar left. 

For the Pore Purifying Clay Face Mask, apply an even layer of the mask across your face and wait for five minutes before washing off the mask. Do not let this mask dry before removing it. The same goes for the Double Glow Peel Face Mask. But, before rinsing the mask off, rub gently into your skin to exfoliate. You can rinse off the excess or wipe it away with a cotton pad.

The results? Of the two masks, the Pore Purifying Clay Face Mask is my favorite. It doesn't dry out my skin, and it always leaves my skin feeling significantly cleaner and less oily. The Double Glow Peel Face Mask also feels great on my skin, but the results aren't as noticeable as they are with the other mask. My skin does seem to be slightly more luminous, but it's difficult to be certain. Overall, depending on what your skin type is, both masks are truly great.

No7

I've used both the No7 Instant Results Purifying Heating Mask and the Instant Results Nourishing Hydration Mask. A 2.5-ounce bottle of the Purifying Heating Mask sells for $14.99 at Target, and a 3.3-ounce bottle of the Nourishing Hydration Mask sells for $14.99 at Target.

To use the Purifying Heating Mask, massage it into damp skin for one to two minutes to exfoliate. Let it rest for two minutes and then rinse with warm water. As you exfoliate, you can physically feel the mask heating against your skin, which I find to be a super interesting component of this mask. To use the Nourishing Hydration Mask, apply it generously onto your skin, allow it to rest for three to 10 minutes, and then wipe it away with a tissue. Rinse off the rest.

The results? The Purifying Heating Mask seems to be a relatively new release, and I think it works great. It definitely makes the skin feel less oily while also keeping pores clean. The Nourishing Hydration Mask is great for dry skin. Every time I finish the face mask, I am shocked by how soft and moisturized my skin feels.  

Skederm

Alright, I'll admit that I've never actually tried this mask before, but my friend swears by it. The Skederm Snail Jelly Mask sells for $19.95 on the Skederm website.

The mask is a sheet mask, which you apply and let sit on your skin for about 15-20 minutes. After removing the sheet mask, their website instructs you to gently tap your skin in order to absorb the excess product.

The results? According to my friend, the mask leaves her skin feeling moisturized and absolutely glowing. It's also supposed to be a great anti-aging product. The product contains Vitamins A, C, and E to help repair and balance skin, which is an extra plus. I know that I can't wait to try it out for myself.

Glow Recipe 

This is another mask that I haven't personally tried, but a friend of mine raves about it all the time. A 2.7 oz jar of Glow Recipe's Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask sells for $45.00 on the company's website.

The directions on the website are very thorough. They even have a YouTube tutorial to help customers maximize their results when using the mask. The company first recommends stirring the product for one minute to prevent separation. Apply two scoops generously onto the skin, gently patting it into the skin until it is absorbed. Then, wash the mask off in the morning. It can also be used as 10-minute face mask for those who do not want to leave it on overnight.

The results? According to my friend and the rave online reviews, the mask leaves skin feeling radiant and moisturized. One reviewer states that it makes her skin feel "smooth" while another says her skin feels "moisturized and dewy."

Sand & Sky

Made and based in Australia, my friends can't seem to get enough of Sand & Sky's Porefining Face Mask, making me want to pick up a jar as soon as possible. A jar of the product, which appears to be 2-oz, sells for $49.00 on the company's website, and they offer free shipping internationally.

According to their website, the brand recommends using the face mask two to three times a week if you have oily to combination skin and only one to two times a week if you have dry or sensitive skin. The product comes with an application brush, which you can use to apply the mask evenly. Wait about 10 minutes for the mask to dry, and then rinse it off with warm water. 

The results? The mask is supposed to detoxify, invigorate, refine, and brighten the skin. Their website tells you what results you can expect based on your skin type, which is a great and helpful detail. Many people rave about how smooth the product leaves their skin.

Homemade masks

If the price of face masks is a deterrent, there are a variety of great recipes online that you can use as a guide to create your own face mask based on your skin's needs. Face masks using avocado are incredibly popular because avocado is full of vitamins and amino acids. There are plenty of face masks that you can make using food from your dining hall, so you never even have to leave campus. Honestly, there are DIY face masks for every skin type, and the ingredients are simple.

Whether you're in the market for a new face mask or want to make one for yourself, there are so many great options out there. As long as you know your skin type, you can find what works best for you, transforming your dorm night in, into a fun spa night with friends or into a solo beauty extravaganza.