Sangria is the perfect drink because it’s versatile. You can mix and match all types of fruits and wines to find your favorite mixture. Sometimes you don’t have time to mix and match because everyone knows the perfect sangria has to sit for a while, preferably overnight, before the flavors really get going. So if you’re in a pinch and need to impress your friends tomorrow, get seasonal and choose from this list based on what fruits are currently in season.

Summer

Did someone say sangria on the beach? Oh right, that was me.

Sangria Slushy

sangria recipes

Photo by Kelly Logan

Perfect for two reasons. One: raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries are all in season for the summer. Two: what else do you want in the sweltering heat than an alcoholic slushy?

Pear Grape Sangria

sangria recipes

Photo by Kate Zizmor

This one’s perfect for late summer when pears and grapes are both in season. Although, I’m down to add grapes into any sangria recipe because grapes and wine are obviously a perfect match.

Fall

Why not drink sangria on the sidelines while cheering on your favorite team (or your best friends)?

Apple Cider, Pear and Pomegranate Sangria

sangria recipes

Photo by Rebecca Buchanan

Pomegranates are in season from September to December so take advantage of their sweet flavor. Pears are good, and by good, I mean seasonal because pears are always good, August through November. Sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving drink?

Apple Cider Sangria

sangria recipes

Photo by Andre Li

Maybe you’re not into pears and pomegranates but you don’t want to miss out on this drink. Good news, it’s still great with just apples so go for it.

Apple Cinnamon Sangria

sangria recipes

Photo by Marie Clark

Like the other but with a twist. This one incorporates Fireball into the mixture. Think of it as your classic apple cider and whiskey combo turned sangria.

Fall Fig Sangria

sangria recipes

Photo courtesy of anika on Flickr

September and October are prime fig season so try this recipe when you’re on fall break or perhaps as a Halloween pregame drink.

Winter

I heard sangria goes great with scarves and boots.

Sangria with Winter Citrus

sangria recipes

Photo by Paulina Lam

Try Guy Fieri’s sangria recipe with grapefruit, seasonal from December to April. It also includes oranges, apples and pears, all of which you can find even when they’re not being harvested.

Sparkling Grapefruit Sangria

sangria recipes

Photo courtesy of howsweeteats.com

First of all, tell me that’s not a beautiful looking sangria? Second, again a perfect use of grapefruit and strawberries are still in season in November so why not pair the together.

Spring

It’s the first warm day of spring. Try to tell me you want to do something besides sitting on the grass somewhere drinking sangria.

Strawberry Peach Sangria

sangria recipes

Photo by Jenny Georgieva

Ugh, what’s better than a seasonal peach? That’s right, seasonal peaches and alcohol.

Watermelon Strawberry Sangria

sangria recipes

Photo by Kathleen Lee

Watermelon and strawberries are both in season from April through June so definitely make this for yourself when you need a break because you just can’t think about finals anymore. I trust Bobby Flay, do you?