If you're already dreaming of your next vacay, then you already know how tough it can be to afford a 10-day trip to Mexico. If you're in the same boat I am, you might be spending another summer break stuck at home, or even worse, held up in your dorm. But you can have just as good of a time (maybe even better!) at home, where you won't be spending thousands of dollars. With that being said, here is your perfect guide of what to do during your staycation.

Sleep In

This is your day to relax and celebrate you. Make sure you sleep in, whether that means staying in bed until 9 am or noon, you get up when you're ready. Grab some coffee (maybe a mimosa?), read a book, or check your social media to get ready for your staycation.

Staycation Prep

If you haven't already grabbed a coffee or mimosa yet, what have you been doing? Now is your time to get ready. Call up your best pals, siblings, whoever you want to spend your staycation with! Make a bomb breakfast and plan your day.

Face Masks and Body Scrub

It can often be hard to find the time to really take care of yourself beyond washing your face or grabbing a granola bar, but now is the time. Pick up some avocados, cucumbers, and coffee grounds, because it's time for face masks and body scrubs. Surprisingly, you can make natural (and delicious) face masks with some kitchen essentials. No more paying $50 for a facial when you can DIY your own spa at home. 

Nail Time

OK, so maybe you don't have to do such elaborate designs, but you can paint your nails fun colors like marshmallow, fruit sangria, and mint candy apple.

Banana Hair Masks

Banana hair mask? Yes, please! But if you're not feeling bananas, there are plenty of other DIY hair masks you can do with things found in your kitchen, like eggs and coconut oil. 

Bake a Geode Cake

While we all like to think we could easily bake a geode cake, it might take a little bit of time. But, follow this recipe and you're cake is sure to be a gem. No worries if you don't get it right the first time, you'll have more samples to "taste test." 

Dinner Time

Alright, it's getting late, your hair and nails are on point, you've baked a beaut of a cake, it's time to live it up. Hit up your favorite restaurant or make an elaborate meal to make your staycation one of a kind. 

Make Yourself a Drink

ice, cocktail
Samantha Locker

Put your Burnett's to the side and make yourself a delicious, carefully crafted cocktail for you and your friends. It can be as easy as making alcoholic popsicles and placing them in a glass of Prosecco, or making your own sangria. You can also make a mean mocktail if alcohol is just not your thing. 

Go to Bed at a Decent Hour

When was the last time you went to bed before 1 am without stressing about work or a paper due the next day? To end your staycation, just relax and get to bed early. Cuddle up with your favorite blankets and snacks, and turn on some good ol' romcom movies. 

Invite your friends to join you or enjoy your time at home alone. You can spend a day or a whole weekend treating yourself, but either way, with these simple steps you'll have the perfect staycation.