We all know college is expensive, and regular jobs can take the fun out of everything. College ambassador programs are a popular way to earn money and gain experience without having to learn a new skill or leave campus. If you are a food-loving student, the best job you can find is one that pays you for the love of cuisine. Luckily, lots of food brands and chains have launched ambassador programs to get college students excited about their products. Here are some brands with food ambassador programs that are continually looking for college students.

Red Bull

You may have seen a mini-cooper with a giant, gray cylinder on top with people passing around free energy drinks. In that case, it’s most likely Red Bull. (While attending Virginia Commonwealth University, I saw Red Bull cars parked at different sides of the student commons every two weeks.) Besides coffee, Red Bull is a popular energy drink for young adults, especially college students. Where else do we get the energy to sit through lectures?

Not only do the ambassadors have a strong presence on Instagram and Twitter/X, but they also use marketing guerilla tactics to attract their audience. So if you don’t mind interacting with random strangers to represent an energy drink brand, go on the Red Bull career page and type “student marketeer” to find openings in several universities and colleges.

Insomnia Cookies

Now, this is the first time I’ve heard about Insomnia Cookies looking for ambassadors. Titled “Insomnia Athletes,” the sponsored program launched in 2021 to support college athletes’ platforms. It sponsors athletes across multiple sports and divisions with a strong focus on e-sports and female athletes. Though they’re not accepting applications now, see this as a reminder to not sleep on them next year.

Rico’s Chips

If you love nachos, popcorn, and helping family-owned businesses, this one is for you. Based in San Antonio, Rico’s Chips has been in business for over a decade, providing cheese sauces, ready-to-eat popcorn, snow-cone syrups, nachos, restaurant-style tortilla chips, sliced jalapeños, roasted peanuts, and other fun foods. As a Rico Chips Influencer, you represent them on campus through contests, and events, and make content by making recipes, eating, and sharing them with your campus.

Harvest Snaps

If you like healthier snacks or have eaten Harvest Snaps, this one is for you. Becoming a Harvest Snaps ambassador means pushing for healthier snacking habits and good nutrition on campus. Your responsibilities include social media promotion, tabling, and organizing health fairs. 

Stanley

Show off your love for the brand while getting paid to do so with Stanley's Student Ambassador Program. This part-time (and paid) position is for students with a passion for not only the Stanley brand but also social media and marketing. Starting on March 18, this program will be over the course of eight weeks at select campuses (see here for the full list of campus locations).

To apply, students must have a minimum of one thousand followers on TikTok and/or Instagram. The job posting also makes note that qualified students cannot have been previously or are currently engaged with other drinkware brands.