What is the first image that comes to mind when you hear the words Walt Disney World? If you're like most people, you probably envision Cinderella Castle, your favorite character, or an attraction from one of Disney's renowned theme parks. Most people fail to remember all of the delicious cuisine and treats the resort offers. One of my all time favorite desserts are brownie sundaes as they combine my two favorite treats: brownies and ice cream. I'm here to inform you about the top 3 brownie sundaes you should try out the next time you visit Walt Disney World.

1. Ample Hills Creamery

My favorite brownie sundae at the Walt Disney World Resort comes from Ample Hills Creamery located on the boardwalk at Disney's Boardwalk Resort. This brownie sundae is my favorite for several reasons. First, the variety of ice cream flavors that one has to choose from are unique and wide-ranging. Some of my favorites include the "Ooey Gooey Butter Cake" and the "Sweet Cream n' Cookies". I like that the flavors this creamery offers go above and beyond the average chocolate and vanilla. In addition to the two flavors of ice cream, the brownie that lies on the bottom of the waffle cone bowl is warm. I prefer when the brownies in a sundae are served warm rather than at room temperature or cold. I think that the waffle cone bowl is complimentary to this sundae as it offers a crunch with every bite. Lastly, the hefty serving of whipped cream along with the toppings of your choice call for an all-around sweet treat. This sundae is so large that it could be shared between 2 people, but if you're like me you probably want the whole thing to yourself.

2. Beaches & Cream Soda Shop

Similar to Ample Hills, Beaches & Cream located at Disney's Beach Club Resort offers an astonishing brownie sundae. This brownie sundae is titled the "Fudge Mud Slide." Although this eatery serves a more conventional brownie a la mode as well, this sundae is the one many guests order. The "Fudge Mud Slide" is described as "a gooey, chewy Brownie covered with Hot Fudge, Three-scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream, Oreo Cookies, and Whipped Cream topped with Chocolate Syrup and a Cherry". This is exactly what you get with this sundae, except  the Oreos are placed in the whipped cream to resemble Mickey ears. It would be wrong for the Oreos to be placed any other way, right? This sundae is so massive that it could be shared among 2-4 people depending on who the consumers were. I cannot even finish the whole thing myself. Trust me, I've tried.

3. Plaza Ice Cream Parlor

The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor located on the corner on Main Street, U.S.A serves some of the most extravagant ice cream concoctions. This brownie sundae drastically differs from the ones at Ample Hills and Beaches & Cream due to the fact that it is extremely traditional. There are only about five different flavors of ice cream to choose from for your allotted two scoops: vanilla, chocolate, cookies n' cream, etc. The ice cream flavors offered are quite basic as the ice cream used is from a name brand. People who appreciate a more traditional dessert would most likely prefer this sundae over the monstrous ones at Ample Hills and Beaches & Cream. However, one thing that makes this sundae stand out is the whipped cream that is saturated at the top of the sundae. I'm not sure whether or not it's the sweetness in the air that prevails over Magic Kingdom or the actual whipped cream, but it is one of the best I have ever tasted. 

Sometimes the food at Walt Disney World can be underrated, but once you give it a chance, you will come to realize that Disney puts a lot of effort into what their guests consume in addition to the entertainment and attractions. After trying at least one if not all of these brownie sundaes, I can assure you that the next time someone mentions the words Walt Disney World you'll crave one of these sweet treats!