Most students at Boston University are regulars at Pavement Coffeehouse. Located conveniently in central campus, their coffee and tea is fuels many students throughout the semester. There is no denying that they are one of the best coffee spots by campus.

But let’s discuss their bagels. While many of their bagel flavors are standard fare, the rosemary salt bagel is a notable exception. It has hints of rosemary and just the right amount of salt in each bite. 

But besides the rosemary salt bagel, it’s all about the different spreads and toppings for me. 

I will never forget the first bagel I had at Pavement

—the SB & J, sunflower butter and jelly. As someone with a peanut allergy, I was in heaven.  Pavement changed the game for us peanut free bagel lovers. Get it on a cinnamon raisin bagel for an extra hint of sweetness. 

Then there is always the classic egg and cheese bagel which is the best way to compare bagel shops. Their egg and cheese on an everything bagel did not disappoint. Pavement has the perfect cheese stretch and even has a vegan “egg” option.

Even though I love a good cheese pull, my stomach doesn't agree with dairy products—a major problem for me as a cheese lover. But Pavement is looking out for me with their vegan cream cheese options. It’s like their menu was made for me with their peanut and dairy free options. 

Pavement has tons of vegan spreads available which include spicy diablo tofu, hummus, vegan butter, and my favorite-- the veggie tofu spread. With their veggie tofu, I never miss regular cream cheese. It has good texture and more importantly great flavor. 

Now it's time for my long list of toppings. First, I like to choose my protein. Depending on my mood, I will either be fancy and go with lox or I will go with a vegan protein—their tempeh sausage is one of my staples. 

But I’m not done… there is still more room for toppings. I almost always load it up with veggies—arugula and pickled veggies are always a must and if your feeling extra fancy add an avocado too. 

Lastly, be sure to get your bagel extra toasted. With all the toppings and cream cheese, you'll want your bagel to be on the toasty side for the best bite. 

And while you’re picking up your rosemary salt bagel, grab the overnight oats for the next morning. It’s jam packed with nutrients and has just the right amount of sweetness from the maple syrup and banana. 

Pavement has my heart for their bagels. It is the perfect spot for all my fellow peanut free friends and vegans too. On your next coffee break, grab the rosemary salt bagel with as many toppings as you can fit in. You’ll thank me later.