McDonald's slays the fast food game. But if you're an addict like me, you know that the one thing McDonald's has really mastered is their Coca-Cola. There's something magical about a large, cold Coke from McDonald's. And I think I speak for all Coca-Cola lovers when I say that no other fast food restaurant can recreate the refreshing taste of a McDonald's Coke. 

I wondered what about this specific Coke made it taste so damn good, and I found some answers. Here is why McDonald's Coke tastes better than literally anywhere else. Cheers.

Storage

Unlike most fast food restaurants that have Coca-Cola delivered in plastic bags, McDonald's Coke is delivered in stainless steel containers that help preserve the ingredients and keep the Coke tasting fresher. 

Water Filtration

The McDonald's website says that "in order to ensure our drinks are always meeting a gold standard, we have proper filtration methods in place." The fast-food chain actually filters their water more than most competitors and invests a lot of money into maintaining their filtration system. Fresh water = fresh Coke.

Temperature

McDonald's takes the temperature of their soda very seriously. There is an insulated tube that runs from the refrigerator unit in the back, all the way to the soda fountain near the drive-thru window.

The water runs through this tube constantly in order to maintain a temperature just above freezing. The cold temperature is essential for achieving peak C02 levels. This not only ensures the crisp, bubbly taste of your Coke, but also means that the carbonation will last longer than other restaurants. 

#SpoonTip: Never order a McDonald's coke without ice. The ice is essential to maintaining the perfect syrup ratio.

The Syrup

Just like the temperature of the water, McDonald's pre-chills its syrups before it enters the fountain dispensers. #SoFresh.

The Straw

Have you ever noticed that the McDonald's straw is wider than other fast-food chains and restaurants? According to the McDonald's website, this is "so all that Coke taste can hit all your taste buds."

So there it is. The "secret" formula. Although there is no real magic behind it, McDonald's Coca-Cola will always be every Coke-lover's fantasy.

McDonald's Coke: 1. Everywhere else's Coke: 0.