Where will you eat during SMU Parent's Weekend 2017? It's approaching fast, so if you're looking for places to dine, try one of these delicious and not-so-basic restaurants. These restaurants are tried and true places that offer mouth-watering food as well as an amazing ambiance. Whether you want a quite place to enjoy each other's company, or a restaurant right in the thick of things, we've got the best spots for this Family Weekend. Dallas has a lot to offer so why frequent the same places every year? This list includes brunch, dinner, drinks and dessert places because that's all you really need to survive in the Big D.

Brunch

1. Company Café

Abby Helme

Check out Company Café in lower Greenville for a relaxed breakfast vibe. Known to be standard brunch foods rather than a fancy meal, this place will make you feel at home. From their biscuits and gravy to their Bananas Foster Pancakes, it's just like Mama's cooking. Don't skip out on their gluten-free stuffed french toast because there's nothing better than combining breakfast and dessert.

SpoonTip: Company Café doesn't take reservations and is constantly busy, so arrive early to make sure you get a table.

2. Le Bilboquet

Abby Helme

If you prefer a fancier feel and are ready to commit to a reservation, Le Bilboquet is the place for you. Located right off the Katy Trail, you'll definitely feel in the swing of things. The French vibe of Le Bilboquet is fun, charismatic, and exciting— pairing well with the restaurant's name which is a common game played by French children. Their cobb salad is loaded with fresh tomatoes, egg, chicken, and sooo much bacon it deserves to be called brunch.This energetic atmosphere goes along nicely with a hot Texas morning to make you feel like a kid again.

3. Dish

Abby Helme

Off the beaten path, Dish in Preston Hollow is an unique space with the sweetest staff. Best of all, their drinks are just as impressive as their food. No matter if your in the mood for some eggs or French toast, their's something on the menu to fit your taste. Their ricotta pancakes are for the win! Covered in powdered sugar, fresh berries, and a dollop of cream, breakfast never tasted so good. It's also located right by NorthPark Mall for some post-brunch shopping!

Dinner

1. Sundown at Granada

Abby Helme

Want to treat your parents to a night of live music and great food? Sundown at Granada is the place for you.You can't pass up on their loaded Avocados Waldorf, Southwestern, and Italian style. Veggie lovers will love this appetizer and it's a fun way to eat avocados.This Friday night, the Brothers Gow Band is performing for free alongside your meal. Partnered with the theater next door, their dining room always has music in the air to pair with their delectable dishes. 

2. Rise No. 1 Souffle

Allie Hartman

Try Rise No. 1 on Lovers Lane for a quick trip to France. With a slew of soufflés to choose from, everyone in the family will be happy. Start off with a savory soufflé: Sun-dried Tomato & Pesto Chèvre for the simple eaters and Escargot Soufflé for the more adventurous. Then move on to the sweet soufflés such as Chocolate, Praline Pecan, or Raspberry. An awesome meal out of one dish!

3. Moxie's Grill and Bar

Abby Helme

If you're interested inhaling uptown for the evening— show your parents some of what Dallas has to offer at Moxie's Grill and Bar. Nicer than the name leads on, Moxie's is situated The Crescent Court, a chic area in Dallas. Their diverse menu includes dishes ranging from Tuna Poke to French Dip sandwiches and drinks to partner with everything. Their freshly smashed guacamole is a Texas classic but the presentation is like no other. Like your guac creamier? Just keep mashing it yourself— it takes playing with food to a whole new level. But whatever you end up ordering is sure to win you over.

Drinks

1. Bar Stellar

After dinner, there's nothing better than catching up with the fam over a few drinks. And Bar Stellar is THE place to get the hottest drinks in town. Drinks topped with pop rocks, cotton candy, and smoky dry ice make for the perfect Instagram posts. You can also get cute family pics in front of their black and white striped wall or their palm tree wallpaper. Plus, it's owned by SMU student, Francois Reihani, so why not help out a fellow Mustang. 

Dessert

1. Joy Macarons

Abby Helme

After a heavy meal, sometimes you're just looking for something sweet to curb those sugar cravings. Joy Macarons has melt-in-your-mouth macarons as well as Ice Cream Sammys - two large macarons with ice cream in the middle. Macarons and Sammys vary in flavors to appease everyone the crowd. And best yet, they're gluten free too.

2. Milk & Cream

Nicole Cohen

Also in Lower Greenville, if you're looking for a bigger but equally fun dessert, Milk & Cream is your spot. What could be better than donuts and ice cream? A donut ice cream sandwich. With fun flavors like cookies monster, green tea, and lavender bean topped with cereals squished between donuts, it's definitely one of the most fun desserts in Dallas

This parents weekend, step out of the box from the basic restaurants SMU students always frequent. Since your parents are in town and they're paying, be adventurous and try out some new spots for yourself.