The most expensive dessert in America is apparently a thing. I'm here for it, and apparently New York City is too. Not surprisingly, NYC is dope and has been killing it in the epic desserts game since 2007. 

THE most expensive dessert in America

In 2007, Serendipity 3 restaurant in New York City set the Guinness World Record for the world's most expensive dessert. Their Frrrozen Haute Chocolate cashed in at a whopping $25,000 - it's no surprise that it isn't sold anymore. What is still sold, however, is the world's most expensive milkshake. For $100 at Serendipity 3, you can experience the most decadent milkshake served in a Swarovski crystal encrusted trophy

Bear-y Yummy

The most recent restaurant to join in the ranks of serving the world's most expensive desserts is the Baccarat Hotel in New York City. Crowned the most expensive ice cream in NYC, the Baccarat Hotel's "Bear Extraordinaire" comes at a ~cool~ $1,500 price tag. Because the Frrrozen Haute Chocolate is no longer sold, the "Bear Extraordinaire" gains the current title of, but doesn't beat the world record for, the most expensive ice cream in America. 

It's all in the details 

The base of the "Bear Extraordinaire" is a house-made vanilla ice cream covered in a hand-painted white chocolate shell. The two ice cream scoops rest atop a bed of 3 grams of black truffle flakes, mixed with exotic dark chocolate and cocoa nibs. The dish is then covered in a champagne sauce and topped with edible gold and silver leaves. The most expensive part of the treat is actually the dish in which the ice cream sits: a clear porcelain and Baccarat crystal bowl that costs a casual $1,200 on its own.

To add to the insanity, each bear figurine, or bowl, is numbered and signed by the designer. For a dessert you will really never forget, you are able to take the bear home with you! Funnily enough, you can also order the dessert without the bear dish for a still ridiculous $300

$1,000 for a bagel?

If you aren't down to shell out a ~cool~ $1,500 for dessert, why not splurge on a bagel? Check out the $1,000 bagel served at The Western New York at Times Square...or forget I ever said anything about a truffle and gold covered bagel.