It's officially the holiday season! We're saying goodbye to pumpkin spice and bringing in the peppermint and holiday cheer. Here are some of the most popular and best tasting treats to have throughout your holiday season:

Ginger Bread

This is a holiday classic that is irresistible. Whether it be in the form of a cookie or a house, what better way to celebrate the holidays than with gingerbread? Try decorating them with frosting as a fun activity, and to add more sweetness.

cookie, sweet, gingerbread, pastry, candy, cake
Kristine Mahan

Cookies

Sugar or chocolate chip, it doesn't matter, holidays are always better with cookies. Pairing cookies with a glass of milk is definitely the way to do it. The varieties of cookies are endless, however you really can't go wrong with any flavor you choose. 

chocolate, sweet, cookie, cake, pastry, goody, candy, chocolate cookie

Peppermint Bark

This is an amazing combination that no one can resist. The chocolate combined with the peppermint flavor is truly the epitome of holiday cheer. Whether you make it at home or buy it in stores, this is a treat people cannot wait to get their hands on!

SPOON TIP: Peppermint Bark is amazing melted into hot cocoa.

chocolate, cake, peppermint, cookie
Dylan Barth

Candy Canes

These decorative treats are always the best during holiday time. Similar to a lollipop, the sugary, peppermint flavors cures just about anyone's sweet tooth. These are easy to add to any gift for the holidays!

candy, chocolate

Hot Cocoa 

Hot cocoa is probably one of my favorite drinks during the holidays. If you're looking for something to keep you warm, this is a great option. The creamy chocolate topped with whipped cream is one of the best treats to have on your way to class or to start your day with.

hot chocolate, Reading, cozy, blanket, Winter
Emma Salters