Movie theaters all across the country are improving their in-theater experience, so we did a little research and picked the best movie theaters that serve alcohol and food.

1. Studio Movie Grill

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of Studio Movie Grill on Facebook

Studio Movie Grill is your standard dine-in movie theater with luxury seats you reserve ahead of time, and a full menu and bar for when you’re watching the movie. But, SMG With a Twist is what makes it special. They offer a children’s summer series, a special date night series, and even special-needs screenings for movies. These offers make this theater the perfect place for anyone, especially with its many locations across the country.

2. Nitehawk Cinema

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of @nitehawkcinema on Instagram

As New York‘s first dine-in theater, Nitehawk has high standards to live up to, which it successfully does. Unlike other theaters of its kind, seating here is first come/first serve, which means the theaters open 30 minutes before the show starts. In this period of time, the theater offers a unique pre-show experience. Additionally, its prices are much lower than other luxury theaters, making it a great place to enjoy a movie, a meal, and some beverages.

3. The Brew and View

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of @brewandview on Instagram

Different than the typical movie theater dining experience, this Chicago theater specializes in classic cult movies and beer. They also serve some of the best kinds of beer and movie food like pizza and White Castle sliders. While it isn’t necessarily luxurious like most dine-in movies, it’s perfect for relaxing, and enjoying a film along with some greasy food and beer. Seriously, what more could you ask for?

4. Showcase SuperLuxe 

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of @ku898 on Instagram

Arguably my favorite place in the world, the SuperLuxe in Chestnut Hill, MA is the classic dine-in movie experience. With a full menu, full bar, and amazing reclining seats, this movie theater is everything. With the push of a button, you can get a waiter or waitresses’ attention who can bring you delish food while you enjoy the newest movies. It has a few options for seats, but all of them are comfier than just a regular theater. It’s also the only luxury theater near Boston, so if you’re close it’s a must.

5. AMC Dine-in Theatres 

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of amctheatres.com

AMC Theatres created a chain of luxury movie watching, so dining and viewing is more available across the country. With locations around the United States in places from Georgia to California, AMC Theatres has a variety of cinematic options for moviegoers, ranging from family-style viewing and dining, to elite 21+ options for those who want to treat themselves.

6. Star Cinema Grill 

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of Star Cinema Grill on Facebook

Yet another one of the luxury dine-in experiences, with locations around Texas and Illinois, Star Cinema Grill offers a full bar and full menu to moviegoers. Additionally, they have ticket prices you can’t beat. With college student discounts and matinee prices, it’s a wonder anyone in Texas ever goes to a theater that won’t serve you at your seat.

7. iPic Theaters

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of ipictheaters.com

With almost 15 locations throughout the country, iPic Theaters is one of the most luxurious dine-in theater chain. At the peak of its luxury is its VIP seating, which even offers you blankets as you watch a movie. Okay, so you can lounge in a chair with your feet up and have someone deliver you food and drinks while you watch the newest movie curled up in a blanket? I love this generation.

8. Cinépolis Theaters 

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of Cinepolis Theaters on Facebook

Starting in Mexico, and making its way to locations in Florida and California, Cinépolis Theaters offers three types of moviegoing options, depending on how luxurious you want your experience to be. The most luxurious has fully reclining seats, waitstaff that delivers your food to you during the movie, and a full bar to choose from. They also have state-of-the-art 3D viewing, which makes the experience a million times better.

9. Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of Alamo Drafthouse Cinema on Facebook

What moviegoers can appreciate the most about Alamo Drafthouse is that they create a pre-show experience without ads, so you don’t have to sit through annoying commercials when you show up early. There’s also a pretty unique ordering experience. Instead of talking to your server, you just write down what you want on a card, and the server picks up your order and then brings you your food. You don’t have to be distracted by waitstaff or advertisements? Call that a win-win.

10. Central Cinema 

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of Central Cinema on Facebook

When I searched “Central Cinema” on Google, the first thing that came up was “a pizza and beer movie theater.” So far, so good. Count me in. They have themed happy hours 5 nights a week, sofa seating, and savings on tickets if you buy in advance. Not to mention it boasts being Seattle’s only dine-in theater, so it’s a must-visit.

11. LOOK Cinemas Dallas

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of lookcinemas.com

I swear Texas has the best movie experiences. LOOK Cinemas in Dallas offers another luxury movie experience, but what makes this place unique is its seating options. You can select to view from sofas, armchairs, and power recliners. Every moviegoer can get the exact experience they want. Gotta love having super luxurious options for the whole fam.

12. Frank Theatres CineBowl and Grille

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of Frank Theatres CineBowl and Grille on Facebook

For a more active movie and dining experience, Frank Theatres CineBowl and Grill also offers bowling lanes. While you can’t actually bowl in the theater (it would get pretty loud in there), you can hit the lanes before and after seeing a movie. Not to mention you can also enjoy a full bar, as well as a restaurant while partaking in either of these activities. With locations all over the East Coast, this place seems like perfect entertainment on a rainy day.

13. Marcus Theatres

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of marcustheatres.com

Marcus Theaters offers a plethora of dining options for all movie goers in the Midwest. You can enjoy the café, lounge and grab a drink, get a pizza, have an old-fashioned diner experience, or (my favorite) indulge in the in-theatre dining experience. There’s options for everyone here and you won’t be disappointed. This place gives true meaning to the saying “dinner and a show.”

14. Sundance Kabuki Theatre

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of sundancecinemas.com

This hip theater in San Francisco is the perfect spot for people over 21 to enjoy a movie and some drinks. While they don’t deliver your food and drink to your seat, in select 21+ showings, you can grab a movie snack, or a drink at the bar, and bring it in yourself. They also have some awesome film festivals to enjoy. Sundance Kabuki is the perfect place for a cheaper, yet still comfy movie experience where you can still indulge.

15. Movie Tavern

movie theaters

Photo courtesy of Movie Tavern on Facebook

Another theater with wicked comfy seats, deluxe dining, and drinks served to you while you watch, Movie Tavern in Colorado gives you everything you need at awesome prices. Perhaps the best part of this theater, though, is the fact that they offer breakfast on the weekends until 10:30. Imagine: waking up and going to lounge in a reclining movie theater seat while being served mimosas and pancakes. Literal heaven.

The U.S. is slightly behind other countries in its movie theater experiences (other countries actually have theaters with beds for seats), but if you hit up one of these places, you’re guaranteed to have a great time.