Nothing says winter like some artsy fireplace pictures on your insta feed. Want to participate in spreading some holiday cheer. but trying to avoid being super basic? Add some food in the foreground of your insta. However, not all fireplace treats are created equal, and you gotta pick the best foods to eat in front of your fireplace to get the right aesthetic.

To help you find the true holiday vibes, here's the definitive list of the best foods to eat in front of your fireplace.

1. Chocolate Chip Cookies

Having chocolate chip cookies while sitting in front of your fireplace just feels right and oh-so wintery. Whether you go for the Pillsbury slice-and-bake or a homemade recipe, chocolate chip cookies and fireplaces go together better than Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. 

2. Ice Cream

I know that there is definitely a melting hazard with this one, but the hot-cold combination is just irresistible. Pick up your favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor to sit by the fire and watch Netflix with. 

3. Popcorn

It's finally time to break out that fireside popcorn maker that's been in storage forever (*cough, mom, cough*). Or if you aren't feeling that extra, grab a bag of your favorite microwavable popcorn and get poppin'.

After you add some toppings (chocolate and caramel, anyone?) to that baby, no one will be able to tell that you aren't a popcorn expert. 

4. Grilled Cheese

Nothing tastes (or looks) more delicious on a cold winter day than a gooey grilled cheese. Add a side of tomato soup for dipping (obviously), and take a snap of the deliciousness for your Snapstory. Bonus points if you can capture that cheese pull.

5. Chicken Noodle Soup

soup, broth, vegetable, chicken, parsley

Chicken noodle soup is the ultimate comfort food. Couple it with a nice fireplace and some Mariah Carey, and you are totally ready for whatever life (college, finals, family drama, etc.) has to throw at you.

6. Waffles

Waffles may not be the most traditional fireplace snack, but add some chocolate drizzle and a little whipped cream, and you are set for the perfect Instagram photo shoot.

#SpoonTip: Add your favorite fruit on top for more color and deliciousness.

7. Hot Chocolate

Okay, so I know that hot chocolate is technically not a food, but it is the ultimate fireplace drink. Plus, if you add enough whipped cream and marshmallows, you're gonna be eating this hot cocoa, not drinking it. 

8. S'mores

S'mores are not just a summer treat anymore -- you can put that fireplace to good use when things cool down. Toast some marshmallows over the fire to make yourself a toasty treat. If you're a chocolate peanut butter person (idk why anyone wouldn't be, tbh), swap out the traditional Hershey's chocolate bar for a Reese's Cup. 

As if there weren't enough already, these fireplace treats give you 8 more reasons to get through finals season. Winter is here, so it's time to get gramming all the best foods to eat in front of your fireplace.