DCA has both sit-down and to-go options available for the college students on their way home for break. Especially after a semester of dining hall food, we need some proper nourishment. Find the best DC airport eats with this foodie guide to Reagan National Airport.

Luckily, DCA has lots of restaurants to choose from in addition to quick eats if you cut it close when scheduling flight times right after class gets out.

1. On-The-Go Eats

Find your favorite snacks in DCA with this helpful guide. There's coffee, donuts, chips and candy for everyone traveling through Reagan. No matter which terminal you are flying out of, you can find the perfect food to satisfy your snacking needs.

Starbucks (Terminal B Gates 10-22)

beer, tea, milk, coffee
Sarah Yanofsky

Starbucks is a classic for the college student rushing to make it home for the holiday break. We all know it's pricey, but we all love it anyways. Grab a quick Kind bar and a grande non-fat latte to warm you up on the plane-ride home.

Starbucks now has their winter cups in, so check those out on your next flight home.  If you have enough time, take advantage of the free wifi and sit down to read a book or (more realistically) watch some Netflix. There is a Starbucks located in the National Hall before Security as well.  

Dunkin Donuts (Terminal B/C Gates 23-34, Terminal C Gates 35-45)

candy, sweet, cream, doughnut, chocolate
Elena Bailoni

Look no further for Dunkin's heart-warming coffee–DCA has multiple locations to fill your caffeine needs. If you love a good donut to dunk in your coffee, Dunkin's is definitely the airport stop for you.

The line might be long, but don't be fooled. It moves super quickly! You'll have enough time to decide between that cinnamon cake and original glazed donut AND add those must-have sugars to your coffee. Take this Spoon quiz to find out which Dunkin's drink you are!

Hudson News

Hudson News stores are strewn throughout the terminals, providing you with DC airport eats for whichever airline you are flying with. Airport convenience stores are a bit pricey, but at least they have snacks on snacks for you to choose from!

Pick up an over-prized bag of chocolate-covered pretzels, a soda, and a magazine for your trip. There's no better time to catch up on all the latest celebrity news than! 

2. Sit-Down Meals

interiors, minimalistic, Minimalist, restaurants, breakfast, brunch, Restaurant, cafe, Interior, setting, chair, table, coffee
Denise Uy

Have enough time to sit down before your flight leaves? Find yourself a full meal at DCA, and enjoy the extra time you have in the airport.

El Centro (Terminal B/C Gates 23-34)

Looking for a margarita to take the edge off before a long flight? Trying to fit in some more guac before you leave DC?El Centro is the perfect place to sit down, relax, and enjoy some great Mexican Food!

Their table side guac comes highly recommended, and I would pair it with any of their amazing tacos. For all you meat lovers out there, the hanger steak tacos are my favorite. They even come in cute little taco trays so you avoid the mess of a juicy taco, which is obviously the best kind.

El Centro has fast service for a sit-down restaurant, so there is no need to stress about time. The staff is friendly and the ambiance is super festive. If your flight gets delayed, just think of it as an opportunity to order their delicious churros for dessert!

&Pizza (Terminal C Gates 35-45)

&pizza is a DC staple. The face that they have opened a restaurant in DCA is a game-changer. &pizza is perfect for the college student craving carbs after a long haul of midterms. Refuel with your own custom-made pie!

From selecting a pesto sauce base to adding an egg to your pizza, the options are endless at &pizza. There an abundant amount of toppings for you to choose from, but if you are in a rush, pick one of their classic pizzas for an on-flight dinner.

The service is super speedy. Just walk down the row of toppings, point to whichever your tastebuds are craving, pay while your pizza is in the oven, and then you are good to go.

Legal Seafoods (National Hall-Pre-Security)

Legal Seafoods is a classic for airport eats. You get both quantity and quantity when you order from DCA's Legal Seafoods. Their lobster rolls will have you wishing you are flying to New England in the summertime.

Don't pass by this great restaurant in your rush to get through security. Take your backpack off, order some fish and chips, and enjoy the people-watching from Legal's prime location in the National Hall pre-Security. 

3. Fast-Food Options

If have just enough time to snag a quick bite and run to your gate as the plane boards, choose from these fast-food options at DCA for your airport eats. 

Chick-fil-A (National Hall)

"Eat More Chikin" is always the answer. If you are looking for some quick and tasty DC airport eats, Chick-fil-A is the perfect choice for you. The waffle fries are to die for, the nugs are amazing, and you get lost in all of their sauces.

Eat your feelings before you get home for the holidays with Chick-fil-A's classic chicken sandwich. Whether you're in the mood for a milkshake or a heaping portion of fries, you can't go wrong at Chick-fil-A. Plus, we all know they have the best service :)

Spoon tip: check out some of these menu hacks to get the most chikin for your buck.

Good Stuff Eatery (Terminal B Gates 10-22)

Good Stuff Eatery should really be called Best Stuff! Their high quality burgers and relatively low prices make for a great airport meal. My personal favorite is the snack fry, snack shake, and burger combo that Good Stuff offers customers.

Although it might be on the pricier end of fast food meals, Good Stuff really does use quality ingredients. They even have a turkey burger that comes with guac (and it's not even extra!). Treat yourself to an Oreo milkshake, and cheers to the end of the semester with Good Stuff. 

Lebanese Taverna Express (Terminal B/C Gates 23-34)

Lebanese Taverna Express is not your typical fast food cuisine. Taverna has great vegetarian options for the health-conscious travelers and bowls for the ravenous college students finally through with exams. PLUS, they have hummus!

Choose between bowls, pita sandwiches, and hummus plates or grab something from their on-the-go section if you are in a rush. Tired of sub-par airport burgers and long lines at Starbucks? Lebanese Taverna Express offers fresh options and adds a little Middle Eastern flare to your DC travel experience.

There you have it – all the best eats that DCA has to offer. Just be sure to leave your house or dorm with ample time to grab something to eat before you fly!