Alcohol always seems like a great idea, until it's actually time to drink it. I know I can't be the only one who hates the taste of vodka (Did I say vodka? I meant to say rubbing alcohol) burning my throat. Regardless of the flaming burn that is associated with all of our favourite drinks, we somehow manage to tolerate this cruel experience in order to get drunk, even if it requires the help of a chaser.

So here I am to save the day with some kick-ass mixed drink combos that will get you just as drunk as your nasty solo cup shot—but without the pain.

1. Vodka and Crystal Light

In my opinion, vodka is the best alcohol to mix with because (almost) any chase can disguise the taste. My personal favourite mix is vodka and lemonade flavoured Crystal Light. It tastes just like lemonade, but it has zero calories and no sugar—so your hangover won't be nearly as bad the next day.

2. Banana Liqueur, Sour Puss and Sprite (aka a White Freezie)

Although this drink requires a little bit more effort, I promise you it's well worth it. Adding a shot of both Banana Liqueur and Sour Puss into a glass and filling the rest up with Sprite creates a drink that tastes exactly like white Freezie's from childhood.

If you're looking for even more of a kick, you can also add a shot of vodka into this mix. I promise this drink is just as good as it is nostalgic.

3. Three Olives Cake Vodka and Godiva Liquer

Although this creamy drink counts as a shot, it definitely doesn't taste like one. Mixing cake flavoured vodka with this chocolate flavoured liqueur creates a concoction that tastes exactly like a slice of chocolate birthday cake. This drink will satisfy your alcohol craving, and your sweet tooth, without sacrificing your taste buds. 

4. Malibu Rum and Tropical Juice

A photo posted by Stef (@hockeygrl481) on

The coconut flavour in the Malibu rum works great with any sort of tropical juice to create a delicious concoction. Be careful though, you might end up thinking about your reading week vacation to Mexico rather than the midterm you should be studying for.

5. Fireball and Cream Soda

I know you're thinking—this mix sounds absolutely disgusting, but I promise it tastes much better than it sounds. The combination of the spicy Fireball and the sweet Cream Soda creates a drink that tastes exactly like a Cinnabon. This recipe calls for three parts of Cream Soda for every ounce of Fireball. If you can perfect the ratio, I can guarantee you won't taste the alcohol whatsoever.

Try sipping on one of these yummy drinks the next time you're getting ready for a night out. Trust me, all of your friends will be begging you to bartend the next pre.

You can thank me when you're laughing at all your friends "post-shot" faces, but don't blame me for your hangover!