The fall season brings on some amazing things such as Thanksgiving, leaves changing color, and of course, delicious food. Nothing screams "It's autumn," the way that apples do.

In Boston, there are plenty of bakeries and markets that offer some of the best apple desserts that you will ever try.

1. Apple Cider Donuts

Alleyna Pitaso

Have you even been to New England if you don't have apple cider donuts at least once?

Apple cider donuts are a staple in many Boston bakeries. These type of donuts can be found at Red Apple Farm, a stand at the Boston Public Market, located right outside of the Haymarket train station. These delicious treats have a crispy, cinnamon-sugar outside, with a soft, melt-in-your-mouth inside, and are filled with the perfect amount of apple cider flavor. Also, they only cost $1 per donut!

2. Apple Caramel Bread Pudding

Alleyna Pitaso

Even the most stubborn bread pudding haters would have trouble staying away from this sweet treat from Stephanie's on Newbury!

The chunks of apple and caramel drizzle combined together add a different texture to what is usually considered a simple and timeless dessert. The seasonal version of this dessert also helps spice up its simplicity, and takes it to the next level. 

3. Caramel Apple Cupcakes

Alleyna Pitaso

Bakeries in Boston are known for their unique seasonal flavors. The iconic Georgetown Cupcakes have certainly outdone themselves in this regard. Their caramel apple cupcakes are just one of the many seasonal flavors they serve during the fall. 

This caramel apple cupcake has an amazing texture and deliciousness to it, and you can bet that every bite tastes like fall. The mix of sweet caramel and tart apples, combined with a hint of spicy cinnamon is unmatched. This dessert is a MUST for anybody with a sweet tooth!

4. Apple Pie

Alleyna Pitaso

Of course, this list wouldn't be complete without the forever classic, apple pie.

Apple pie is the true backbone from the apple dessert category, and this slice from Tatte is everything that an apple pie should be. It contains a buttery, flaky crust covered in sugar crystals and caramelized apples in a cinnamon-sugar mixture. It doesn't get more traditional than this! 

5. Honorable Mention: Apple Cider

Alleyna Pitaso

Though not technically a dessert, this beverage deserves a spot on this list. Made fresh from Red Apple Farm, this hot apple cider has no additives or crazy additions, just pure apple goodness in a beverage. Once you smell its spicy cinnamon scent, you'll be reminded of fall.

It's the perfect drink when you need something to warm you up during the cold, or if you just have a craving for something sweet to drink!