Aaaaah, it is finally time for fall in Boston. The season is known for sweaters, nice strolls through the foliage, and of course delicious fall treats to accompany said sweaters and strolls. Each year, our favorite food spots in Boston put out seasonal fall creations for our enjoyment. If you think this is just going to be a list about PSL madness, then you are about to have your mind blown.

1. Fomu's Pumpkin Caramel Ice Cream

For those that enjoy vegan ice cream and will eat it through temperature drops and wind tunnels without hesitation, this is the fall treat for you. The Pumpkin Caramel flavor at Fomu this season has a genuine pumpkin flavor paired with the sweet caramel and the subtle spice of cinnamon. I recommend topping it with their toasted coconut to enhance the caramel, while adding a nice crunch.

If pumpkin flavors aren't your cup of tea, the plant-based ice cream shop also features an Apple Cider Donut flavor with actual chunks of donut.

2. Sweet Bakery's Pumpkin Pie Cupcake 

Pumpkin pie is a crucial aspect during this season. So crucial, that most people reserve its consumption for Thanksgiving. If you find yourself hankering for a taste of this classic one afternoon, you should definitely stop into a Sweet Bakery.

This season, Sweet shrunk the pumpkin pie into a flavor-packed cupcake and it's as good as your grandma's recipe. With a nice graham cracker crust on the bottom, a balanced cream cheese frosting,  and the impactful taste of cinnamon and nutmeg, you won't be able to resist a 3 PM cupcake fix. I suggest switching it up during the holiday season and showing up with a pack of these bad boys.

3. Pavement Coffeehouse's Cinnamon Fig Latte

Whether or not you'll admit it, you secretly love PSLs. Everyone really does. But, if you're looking to shake up your hot coffee fix this season, Pavement's Cinnamon Fig Latte is just the thing you need. It is a beautiful blend of coffee and cream with a touch of sweet fig round it all out. If you want more of a dirty chai vibe, I highly suggest sprinkling in some more cinnamon.

4. Blackbird Doughnuts's Pumpkin Boston Cream

Donuts are amazing 365 days of the year. The Pumpkin Boston Cream donut from Blackbird, however, is so special that fall needs to be devoted to it. The pumpkin-infused filling with the chocolate glaze makes you realize that you were missing this sort of combination all your life. 

With a creative twist on the beloved Boston treat, it is hard to turn down what Blackbird is serving up this season. I like eating these with a cup of their fresh coffee to complete the iconic pairing. 

If you're looking to get into the foodie spirit this fall but you're tired of the pumpkin spice craze, these treats are definitely what you need.