Planning a movie night with the foodie in your life? Or maybe you and the girls are looking to not watch The Notebook or The Last Song for the millionth time. Whatever the reason, you can never go wrong with a food-related movie. Food-related movies come in all genres and styles, and you can find one to please just about any crowd. Here are the eight best food-related movies for your next movie night. 

Julie and Julia 

A heartwarming story about how Julia Child became the incredible chef we know her to be, and a woman lost in life who uses Julia's inspiration to find herself again, this is the perfect movie to add to your girls' nights. The movie follows two separate storylines, both based on true stories. First there is Julia Child, trying to make her love of cooking into a career as a chef in a culinary world dominated by men. Secondly, the movie follows Julie, unfulfilled in her job and trying to find her way in the world. Julie uses the recipes of Julia Child to cook her way to finding herself one recipe at a time. 

How to watch: iTunes

The Princess and the Frog 

A great food-related movie for the family or to watch with the kids you are babysitting (or maybe you just want a little taste of childhood, no judgement). While the main storyline follows Tiana, the main character, and her journey after she turns into a frog, the secondary storyline is about her love of food and aspirations to open her own restaurant. Tiana is Disney's first princess of color and comes from a humble Louisiana family. After her father dies when she is a young girl, she makes it her mission to fulfill their dream of opening a restaurant, and Tiana is willing to do anything to make it happen. This is a great movie about perseverance and hard work to make your dreams a reality. 

How to watch: Amazon Video

No Reservations 

For those of you looking for a Rom-Com food movie, this is it. This movie follows a workaholic, perfectionist chef and her story of unexpectedly becoming the guardian for her niece, following a family tragedy. At the same time, she explores a relationship with the chef who takes her place at her restaurant during a leave of absence. This movie has food, love, and family, what else must we say. 

How to watch it: Netflix, Amazon Video

A Cinderella Story 

A childhood favorite, how can you go wrong with Chad Michael Murray and Hillary Duff? Another movie about fulfilling your dreams, this follows Hillary Duffs character, Sam, in her struggles with her step-family after her father's death. How is this food-related you might ask? Hal's diner. Her father's diner, and its employees, provide a sense of family and the support that Sam needs throughout her high school years. This movie shows us the power food has to bring us together and to make everyone feel like family. 

How to watch it: Netflix, Amazon Video

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 

This movie brings the children's book we all loved to life in an adorably animated fashion. Another great movie for family night or babysitting, the kids will love it and you will actually enjoy it as well. 

How to watch it: Amazon Video

The Hundred Foot Journey 

The Hundred Foot Journey is like the the food version of Romeo and Juliet. This follows a budding culinary genius and his family who find themselves in the south of France and renovating/opening an Indian restaurant. The catch: it is 100 feet across the street from a renown Michelin star restaurant with a very threatened owner, and a beautiful young chef. This movie has a little of everything: romance, family, food, conflict, you name it. A great movie for the whole family! 

How to watch it: Hulu, Amazon Video

Ratatouille 

Yes, Ratatouille. You can never go wrong with this adorable story of a Parisian rat who just wants to use his food to bring people together and put smiles on their faces. 

How to watch it: Amazon Video

Food, Inc. 

In the mood for a documentary? This movie does just the trick. It looks deep into the food industry and how American foods are made and manufactured. A truly eye opening movie, you may NOT want to watch it and instead continue to live in blissful ignorance. On the other hand, it you want to know it all, this is definitely a must-watch movie. 

How to watch it: Netflix, Amazon Video

There is no better way to spend a rainy summer day, or a cold winter's night than curling up on the couch with a big bowl of popcorn and a good movie. Summer is also a great time to enjoy nature with an outdoor movie! There is a plethora of food-related movies out there, and while this list is not comprehensive, it is a great place to start. Spend your next movie night with a food-related movie and you will NOT be disappointed.