Every season has its own custom culinary trends. Summer means ice cream and BBQ, winter means hot chocolate and soup, and most people think that that the midst of fall means an abundance of pumpkin spice lattes and apple pies. But, have you tried these 5 fall foods? They're sure to become your new seasonal favorites.

1. Apple Cider Doughnuts

candy, cinnamon, pastry, doughnut, cake, apple, sweet
Jamie Medina

Nothing says fall like a trip to your local cider mill to pick apples, take cute instagrams, and most importantly, eat doughnuts. Covered in brown sugar goodness, apple cider doughnuts will leave you licking your fingers while wishing fall, and dessert time, could last forever. 

2. Pumpkin Beer

beer, pumpkin, liquor, ale
Morgan Wujkowski

Did someone say beer? And no, I'm not talking about the keg beer you find at every party. I'm talking about pumpkin beer. This seemingly unlikely pairing is truly a treat, not a trick. The rich, yet sweet notes of pumpkin in this brew will have you in the Halloween spirit in no time, making it the perfect fall drink for your Halloweekend pregame.  

3. Apple Mac and Cheese

spoonful, Macaroni and cheese, Mac And Cheese, macaroni, cheese, sauce, pasta
Julia Gilman

Apples have begun to make an appearance in classic savory dishes, like grilled cheese. So, why not put a fall-flavored spin on everyone's favorite comfort food and the grilled cheese's close cousin - mac and cheese. The crisp addition of apples to creamy, cheddar mac and cheese makes for a hearty and delicious meal that everyone will be fighting over at the Thanksgiving table. You can even add some bacon too, as this recipe does. What could be better? 

4. Butternut Squash Noodles 

Lauren Arendt

Whether you're #glutenfree or just looking for a low-carb, pasta alternative, butternut squash noodles are an essential fall staple for any noodle-lovers pantry. They're just as good simply sautéed in garlic and olive oil as they are paired with a bolognese sauce. Butternut squash noodles definitely aren't your grandmother's classic spaghetti, but they'll have her wishing she thought of this fall food first. 

5. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

pumpkin seeds, sesame seed, vegetable, cereal
Alyssa Robertson

Don't throw away the seeds after you've carved your pumpkin! Pumpkin seeds are a hidden jewel, especially when roasted. They can be made sweet, to taste like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, or savory, with a Cajun kick. After roasting the pumpkin seeds to your liking, add them to trail mix for an easy snack, ideal for every busy college student on-the-go who always wants to carry a little bit of fall with them. Make sure to save your pumpkin seeds this year and you won't be sorry.