Coolhaus was founded by Natasha Case and Freya Estreller when they started to bake cookies and make ice cream together in 2008. They made their debut at Coachella and that is where this marvelous company became known by people and millennials everywhere. 

I had the chance to try Coolhaus Sammies when I went to BareBurger and came across this ice cream cookie sandwich dessert on the menu. Anything related to cookies and ice cream catches my attention and this situation was no different. After trying my sandwich, I fell in love and began to research their other flavors, which I have been able to try and I am going to rank them in order to let you know which ones are the best to buy on your next visit to the local grocery store. 

5. Tahitian Vanilla Bean

This was the first sammie I ever tried and it was very good. I always love vanilla bean ice cream when I get the chance to have it and this was even better than I expected. The ice cream was creamy and just the right consistency between the two cookies. The cookies are regular chocolate chip cookies that were nice, but I wish it was paired with a more exotic cookie like red velvet. My mother absolutely loved this because she likes classic desserts, so if that sounds like you then you will love this.

4. Birthday Cake

I am not really a huge fan of birthday cake flavored desserts as I usually find them to be artificial tasting. My sister is obsessed with that flavor though and oddly enough convinced me to try some of her sandwich one day. This sandwich switched my dislike of birthday cake flavored desserts because the two cookies were insanely delicious and the sprinkles gave it a hint of that birthday cake taste that I liked. The ice cream was extremely sweet, but I love frosting so I thought it was pretty good. I don't know if I would choose this one on my own, but it definitely is the perfect sammie for a birthday cake lover.

3. S'mores

S'mores are probably one of the most underrated desserts in my opinion. I thought this sammie was able to perfectly capture the delicious nature of a s'more and did it so well that it did not go overboard. The sammie had just the right about of chocolate, graham cracker, and marshmallow which could be found in every bite. I thought the chocolate chip cookies paired well with this sammie because if the cookie was different then I think it would have detracted from the overall taste. 

2. Cookies and Cream

I love absolutely anything that is cookies and cream related and this sammie is one of my favorites. I love sandwich cookies and double chocolate anything and this sammie had everything I was looking for. This is definitely the sammie for an extreme chocolate lover like myself, so I would try the Tahitian vanilla bean if that is more your speed.

1. Salted Caramel

This is my absolute favorite sammie ever because I am obsessed with salted caramel. I would eat salted caramel everyday if I could, but it is a good thing they do not have it on my campus. This sammie is heavenly with two snickerdoodle cookies and salted caramel ice cream. The combination of the two provide a sweet and salty flavor that excites the taste buds. This sammie is very salty so I highly recommend having a glass of water nearby. This sammie might not be for everyone since it is pretty salty, but if you like salted caramel this is definitely for you. 

To find out more about Coolhaus and order your own sammies, check out their website.