Before the leaves start turning color and the air becomes crisp, pumpkin-flavored food and drinks pop-up everywhere. It seems like the orange stuff can be incorporated into anything edible, ranging from lattes to pasta. Because the flavor invades everyone’s taste buds, it can be hard to determine which pumpkin products are worth investing in, and more importantly, which you won’t get sick of year after year.

Zoe Malin

Sugar Bowl Bakery, a company that produces baked goods for retailers nationwide, is one of those brands whose pumpkin products leave you wanting more. For the first time this year, Sugar Bowl Bakery released two pumpkin items: fritters and madeleines. Each bite tastes like fall, and knowing the story behind the bake makes the products that much better.

About Sugar Bowl Bakery

Sugar Bowl Bakery was founded in 1984 by the Ly brothers. The family members escaped Vietnam, immigrated to the United States and bought a neighborhood coffee shop in California. They made homemade pastries for the coffee shop, which were raved about. Customers encouraged the Ly brothers to expand their operation and produce their products on a larger scale, as well as to sell to a bigger audience. The brothers did just that.

Zoe Malin

Today, Sugar Bowl Bakery operates production lines in order to mass produce their sweets. The brand is a familiar name in huge retailers like Costco, Kroger and Stop and Shop, distributing pastries nationwide. Sugar Bowl Bakery uses high-quality ingredients in their bakes, making the brownies, cookies, palmier pastries and other goods as fresh and delectable as can be.

Pumpkin baked goods

Zoe Malin

Expanding its line of products, Sugar Bowl Bakery released pumpkin fritters and madeleines this season for customers across the country to enjoy. They’re perfect to bring to a holiday party, surprise your friends with when a long night of studying is in store, or indulge in by yourself with a cup of tea in hand. 

Pumpkin Madeleines

Zoe Malin

If you’ve watched the Great British Bake Off, you know that madeleines are supposed to be light and airy, baked until just golden brown, and have a hump on the opposite side of the cookie’s signature shell shape. Sugar Bowl Bakery’s pumpkin madeleines are up to Paul and Prue’s standards. They pair well with hot cocoa, coffee or tea, and if you want to take your pumpkin madeleines to the next level, drizzle almond butter or smear some Nutella on top. Sugar Bowl Bakery pumpkin madeleines are available at participating Smart and Final, HEB and Winco locations.

Pumpkin Fritters

Zoe Malin

Once you’ve had Sugar Bowl Bakery’s pumpkin fritters, there’s no turning back. The pumpkin fritters are baked to perfection, evident in all the crisp nooks and crannies. Each fritter is covered in glaze—totally worth getting your fingers sticky—and even more scrumptious when warmed up in the microwave for a few seconds. The fritters are big, rich and filling, so I recommend cutting them in half and sharing. They’re a unique dessert to serve at a dinner party, and all your guests will want to know where to buy them after a taste. Sugar Bowl Bakery pumpkin fritters are available at participating Kroger, Costco, Stop and Shop, Giant Foods and Raley’s Food Store locations.

Want more from Sugar Bowl Bakery?

Zoe Malin

After pumpkin has its season in the spotlight, it’s time to try other Sugar Bowl Bakery products. Retailers in the United States sell the brand’s madeleines, apple fritters and palmier pastries, among other items. If you prefer chowing down on chocolate, try Sugar Bowl Bakery’s brownies. If you like a hint of chocolate and vanilla, choose the duets, which are half-brownie-half-madeleine treats. Whichever product you purchase, you’ll be going back for seconds.

Zoe Malin

Sugar Bowl Bakery’s goodies are available year-round, but the pumpkin products will only be in stores through the fall. Get your hands on them immediately, and as much as you’ll want to keep them to yourself, share them with all your fellow pumpkin-lovers.