Whether you’re a freshman or upperclassman, move-in can be pretty stressful. You feel the need to pack every article of clothing you own (because you never know when you’ll need your old Catholic school uniform skirt) and bring ridiculous amounts of useless crap, just to be safe.

My favorite part of move-in time is seeing the food that students bring back. Whether it’s the sheer quantity or the obscurity of the ingredients, everyone seems to have a story about the weird sh*t their roommate brought back to school. And if you don’t have one, you’re probably that weird roommate.

I asked students from across the country what their most bizarre experience was with bringing food back to school. This is what they said:

1. “My freshman roommate had a drawer full of Truvia.”

2. “We have enough bananas to feed a small family of monkeys.”

back to school

GIF courtesy of imgur.com

3. “Freshman year my roommate brought her own bacteria to make her own kefir yogurt.”

4. “I was the crazy freshman roommate who brought a box of like 30 mangoes into the room and ate them all in less than 5 days.”

back to school

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

5. “My freshman roommate basically moved in with a mini H Mart. She had every Asian condiment in our kitchenette, including five pounds of rice.”

6. “My roommate brought home 16 cans of soup yesterday.”

back to school

Photo by Kelli Haugh

7. “During sophomore year our pantry was basically a Chinese supermarket aisle. We had dried shrimp, fish powder, Chinese sausage and Malaysian curry paste, just to name a few.”

8. “I think I brought six jars of assorted gourmet mustards to school.”

9. “My friend brought twenty-five pounds of corn kernels to school so he could make fresh popcorn whenever he wanted. It was often.”

back to school

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

10. “My roommate must have thought our campus was in a food desert, because she brought enough food to feed our entire floor. We still had unopened boxes of food at move-out time.”

11. “I never saw my roommate eat.”

back to school

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

12. “I bought a lock box to hide my food because my roommate kept stealing it.”

13. “Well I started buying pistachios in ten-pound batches this year. Is that weird?”

back to school

GIF courtesy of bustle.com

14. “My friend brought a ton of kitchen tools — pots, pans, strainers — but we didn’t have a kitchen.”

15. “I def bought bags on bags on boxes on boxes of chocolate (Kit Kats, Twix, Alter Eco chocolate bars) with meal points last year.”

back to school

GIF courtesy of pinterest.com

16. “I don’t know how weird this is, but my freshman year I was eating so much raw cookie dough (by the pounds) that over Spring break I made a ton of oatmeal raisin cookie dough (thought it’d be healthier), pre-rolled it in clingy paper and stashed it in my mini freezer to hide it from my roommate. I ate all three rolls within two weeks.”

17. “I ordered a ton of shit online for my apartment, including 100 ounces of lifesavers, a 30-count variety pack of Miss Vickie’s potato chips and about 72 fruit rollups.”

back to school

GIF courtesy of longagoandohsofaraway.files.wordpress.com

18. “I had a fully stocked pantry long before I had any furniture in my apartment. Priorities.”

19. “My roommate went on vacation to Alaska and planned to bring back ten pounds of salmon packed in dry ice. Sadly it didn’t work out.”

back to school

Photo courtesy of quickmeme.com