Planning a special meal for the holidays that includes a grand entrée, several sides and exquisite desserts can feel stressful. With one more holiday left in the year, here are some tips to simplify the prep and maximize enjoyment for a New Year's Eve dinner! 

Entree

Photo by 🇨🇭 Claudio Schwarz | @purzlbaum on Unsplash

Unsplash on unsplash

Rotisserie Chicken

The rotisserie chickens from Costco are the definition of a "bang for your buck." These hearty hunks of poultry could easily satisfy a family at an affordable price. Instead of serving them straight from the packaging, bake the chicken in the oven or air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. This will crisp up the outer skin and make the meat even juicier while sweating out excess fat. No need to worry about braising, deep frying or baking for hours on end with this trick!

Sides

Scalloped Potatoes 

Personally, I look forward to the sides more than the entrée itself. Potatoes are the ultimate vegetable side, no dispute. Rather than opting for the conventional form of mashed potatoes or roasted wedges, try these scalloped potatoes from Main Street Bistro. Don’t be fooled by the simple preparation method of popping it into the microwave for 8 minutes. These cheesy and gooey potatoes are so rich and creamy that you won’t even believe that it took less than 10 minutes for this dish to land itself on your plate. 

Aeji Hyun
Cornbread

Cornbread is one of my all time favorite sides. To make this come together in a few minutes, try using the boxed Jiffy corn muffin mix that only requires milk and an egg to complete! To elevate this to another level, try adding a secret ingredient: condensed milk. Just add ¼ cup of condensed milk to make the cornbread sweeter and more moist. If you want to make it even fancier, add in a can of corn for added texture. The juicy corn kernels transform the simple boxed mix into a high quality batch of corn muffins! 

Aeji Hyun

Desserts

Home - Dessert

BrownGuacamole on Flickr

Tiramisu

There’s always room for dessert. The Tiramisu Torte from Trader Joe’s is the perfect treat to end the night. Serving it straight from the freezer gives it the quality of an ice cream cake with a sweet, decadent cream filling that’s balanced out with the bitter cocoa powder on top and the delicate coffee cake on the bottom. 

Photo by Nadia Pimenova on Unsplash

Unsplash on unsplash

Pie

If you choose pie as your choice of dessert, try elevating the store-bought pie with some homemade whipped cream! Just add two tablespoons of sugar for every ¼ cup of whipped cream for the perfect topping on your pies. 

With these tips and tricks, creating a delicious and memorable meal is effortless. Instead of stressing over curating the perfect menu, spend more time enjoying good food with the people you love by whipping up a quick and delicious New Year's Eve dinner. Happy New Year!