The fourth edition of Spoon Scouts held at Hudson Lane, Delhi was an event filled with fun, food and pure awesomeness!

So, gear up to experience Spoon Scouts 4.0 in black and white from the eyes of two freshers.

The Pre-Event Build-Up

Ashish Solanki

As first-timers, we were absolutely clueless when it came to how the event is organised - but excitement trumps all mainly because this was the first time we were involved with a foodie treasure hunt, a concept that appealed to our hungrier side. All we knew was the basic legwork and the proposed collaborations. Once we knew of the wide range of cafes that were coming on board - right from the Echoes to Spezia Bistro and even Belgian Waffles, we were super psyched to dive head-on into organising this crazy event.  

Karan Kapoor

For us, the real fun began when we started contacting the restaurants and cafés in and around Hudson Lane to join us and be a part of Scouts 4.0. The best part - it was super cool how most of these joints agreed to join the team instantly, a very enthusiastic response to all of our offers! 

The real challenge was to conjure up goodie bags for all of our participants to take home as souvenirs and memories of the event. All of our hard work paid off, and we managed to conjure the cutest handmade goodie bags, bags courtesy Rotaract Delhi Femina filled with a zillion discount vouchers, fudgy brownies (from Spezia Bistro, you have to try them to believe them), containers of chatpata popcorn courtesy Popcorn & Cola and even the cutest stickers thanks to SnapStore! For all of you who missed our Spoon Scouts 4.0, read this and weep.

Ashish Solanki

With registrations pouring in at a wonderfully alarming rate with a total of 209 team registrations, the both of us knew that good things were in store for us!

The D-Day Arrives

Ashish Solanki

The event kicked off with an online qualifying round allowing only sixty teams of the 200 to take part in the offline round at Hudson Lane. To all those teams who got Dark Cafe right, a hearty congratulations from the team at Spoon DU!  

Like most good things, Scouts began with a Monster Energy India distribution drive, leaving all the teams charged to play the game. We have to mention that it was really fun to watch teams scrambling from cafe to cafe, frantically hoping that their guesses meet the mark. Sorry folks, but why should you have all the fun? Witty games ranging from pronunciation challenges to guessing the ingredients in a dish, we successfully covered all things food and fun! 

Karan Kapoor

Missed our legendary event? Wishing you were there? Just scroll down and watch as you become a virtual participant of Spoon Scouts 4.0! This year, deciding to honour the SC's landmark judgement on Section 377, we chose to organise a seven round VIBGYOR hunt based around the rainbow colours of the pride flag.

Karan Kapoor

LEVEL 1, VIOLET: Featuring 4 cafes - Central Perk, Yolo 21, Havana and Spezia Bistro the first 48 teams to get these right and complete the given task, moved on to the second round. A quick look into the round with this clue below, "Once upon a time, Audrey Hepburn, Michael Jackson, Rekha and Gordon Ramsay went out for dinner. Where did they go?" If you can't crack this one, hit us up on our Instagram page and we'll be happy to give you the answer.

Karan Kapoor

LEVEL 2, INDIGO: With another 4 cafes and a ton of free food from The Great Indian Dosa, Stack 9, Look Act East Kitchen, and Belgian Waffles, the top 32 teams went ahead to the next level A super fun task at Stack 9 included eating an entire plate of ice, all within 60 seconds!

Ashish Solanki

LEVEL 3, BLUE: Only the first 20 teams to crack level 43 could move on and boy the clues to Raw Creams and Dialogue were pretty challenging. The best part - a sampling and guessing event at Raw Creams, I mean you scream, I scream, we all scream for ice-cream, right?

Karan Kapoor

LEVEL 4, GREEN:  12 teams successfully guessed the clues to WoodBox and For God's Cake. This time, however, the task was far more challenging - play dumb charades with the menu!

Karan Kapoor

LEVEL 5, YELLOW: With the game coming to finish, only 8 teams could now move on. With quirky cafes like Sambookas and Phonebooth offering great food and snazzy drinks, this one was a breeze!

Ashish Solanki

LEVEL 6, ORANGE: The semi-final and 4 slots empty, Popcorn & Cola and Paparizza were the answers they seeked! The fact that teams had to gorge a feta salad from a watermelon husk, hands-free and mouth only added to the fun.

Karan Kapoor

LEVEL 7, RED: A guest-entry and some confusion later, we had not 2 but 3 teams inching and battling it to the finals at Echoes Cafe! A 2 game event, we not only had a Khana Dumb Charade round, but also a sign-language event where the teams communicated their names to Echoes' very special staff! 

The End of An Incredible Day

Karan Kapoor

Here, we’d like to congratulate the winning team ‘Flat Ballers’ for being incredibly fast and correct at every step of the way. As for the remaining teams, you put up a very tough fight and we hope you had as much fun as we did! As rightly said, everything is hard at the beginning, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end; so was our experience as Spoon Scouts. Also, a big shout out to the amazing team 'Kabhi Sushi Kabhi Rum' for their kickass name!

Karan Kapoor

Finally, we would like to thank all the participants, the restaurants, cafés for making this a big success. We couldn’t have done it without you! A big thank you to the entire Spoon team. It was amazing to work with you and looking forward to more such experiences!  

Ashish Solanki

Missed out on all the action? Follow us on Instagram @spoon_du to catch snippets and the memorable happenings on our favourite stories!

Don't forget to peep into Spoon Scouts 3.0  to see what you missed last year too!