I’ve never been one for New Year’s resolutions, because I find them to be finite and unsustainable.

That said, I do believe something we should all be conscious of and working on this year is making more sustainable choices. With the current fires in Australia, fluctuating weather patterns, among many other occurrences serving as a harshs reminders of the reality of the Climate Crisis our world is facing, we have no choice but to start making more environmentally friendly decisions.

Even though the government and corporations may be slow to act, we as consumers don’t have to be. There are many choices we can make in our daily lives to make a difference. Soon enough, even the smallest choices can compact into larger ones and serve as another driving force of change.

Luckily, there are quite a few brands with the same mentality, looking to help along the way. The drive for sustainability is there - 90% of major companies have sustainability initiatives, DOUBLING from 250 in 2018

Pipsnacks

Pipsnacks is a snack company making all different varieties of popcorn, cheese balls and corn dippers. And, the primary ingredient in all three is heirloom corn which has more nutrition than commercially grown popcorn, including fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins.

Growing heirloom corn helps protect the genetic diversity of our food supply because they are open-pollinated meaning they are pollinated by insects, birds, and the wind, versus factory assembly workers. Additionally, growing heirlooms also helps preserve agricultural biodiversity by championing unique varieties that might otherwise be lost.

That’s not to mention they manufacture their products from the heirloom corn kernels leftover after manufacturing Pipcorn.

I swear, the cheese balls taste just like the real, childhood snack you used to buy in those giant plastic containers (helloooo Climate Crisis), but not only do they taste better, they are packaged and sourced more sustainably. That's not to mention they are also way better for you with their short, real, and simple ingredients. My sister said the same for the corn dippers - the next level of Fritos.

Shop online through any of the links above or find Pipsnacks at most grocery stores near you here.

Pathwater

Pathwater is the first in the beverage industry to offer purified water in a uniquely REUSABLE bottle. The hybrid model incorporates the best of both worlds, a reusable bottle and convenient to find reverse- osmosis filtered water. Intended as an environmentally-friendly alternative to single-use packaging.

As an impact-driven brand, Pathwater's primary goal is to launch a revolution that will reduce plastic waste and disrupt a historically profit-driven industry.

They are on a journey to combat the plastic crisis and in doing so, teach others to protect the environment, and provide convenient options for everyone to reduce their plastic waste by promoting a reuse culture through their bottle and water.

What separates them from the rest, besides this mission they are on, is that their bottles are the only convenient, healthy and sustainable bottled water amongst the sea of inevitable plastic trash. Magic Metal Aluminum is truly the smartest, high-valued 100% recyclable beverage material that ranks #1 as the most recycled material worldwide.

The water filling these bottles is always sustainably sourced. They ultra-purify the water to insure it is free from any impurities giving us balanced hydration.

As they continue to grow, they plan to maintain a sustainable model by sourcing all water locally to minimize the impact of CO2 emissions from transporting water.

You can refill at any refillable water station, at home with your own tap, or from a purified water pitcher. Thousands of plastic bottles are saved from being used every time you refill your bottle. 

Shop for Pathwater here, or find them at a store near you here.

Simply Gum

Simply Gum is the only all-natural chewing gum made with just a few simple, natural ingredients and no artificial sweeteners. They offer a variety of 100% plastic-free, aspartame-free, vegan, non-GMO and Kosher certified gum and mints, each are formulated with real flavors and real ingredients.

The gum flavors include: Peppermint, Spearmint, Ginger, Cinnamon, Coffee, Fennel, Coffee, Maple, Cleanse, Awaken, Boost and Revive. Simply Gum Mints include: Peppermint, Ginger and Cinnamon. I personally love the peppermint and ginger flavors!

Bonus: Simply CBD

Crafted with broad spectrum hemp oil, which retains other non-psychoactive cannabinoids in the hemp leaf for a fuller experience, each Simply CBD piece includes 2mg of hemp extract.

Simply CBD can used on its own or alongside other CBD products. Simply CBD is Non GMO Certified, Vegan, Kosher, Aspartame Free, Xylitol Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, and Soy Free.

Find Simply Gum at most grocery stores near you here. Or shop online here, and here for Simply CBD.

Pop & Bottle

Coffee drinkers where you at?

Pop & Bottle sustainably sources pure, organic ingredients and never compromises taste or health. All Pop & Bottle products are non-GMO, fair trade, and contain no gluten, dairy, gums, carrageenan, or preservatives.

Pop & Bottle is about to launch NEW oat milk lattes, The Supers, which will be launching on Amazon in February. These are delicious and restorative lattes made with fair-trade organic coffee, pure oat milk and a hint of sweetness from dates (0g of added sugar). Each flavor features a daily benefit — including collagen (Vanilla), adaptogens (Mocha) and antioxidants (Classic).

The Supers join Pop & Bottle’s existing line of extraordinary lattes, including the brand’s beloved Superfood Almond Lattes.

What's even better is they are founded by two female entrepreneurs, Jash Mehta and Blair Fletcher Hardy. These two incredible women created this brand  as a broader commitment to wellness and self-love. Their products are not only sustainable, but they are meant to elevate the every day in the form of a moment of indulgence or an act of self-care. Pop & Bottle’s name itself is a true celebration, encouraging consumers to pop bottles to a good latte that is good for you.