Picture this: you're sitting in class, it's been a long day, and you are straight up hangry. You don't want to be that person, sitting in class crunching loudly on apple slices or baby carrots making other people cringe. Save yourself the awkwardness of trying to slowly open a bag of chips without trying to make any noise by choosing one of these snacks you can eat in class. 

Fresh and Frozen Berries

sweet, berry, raspberry
Hannah Linn

Healthy, low in calories, and delicious. Keep them in your freezer and then pop them in your bag on the way to class. They are light, don't take up a lot of space and barely make noise to eat.

Candy

jelly, sweetmeat, sweet, gelatin, candy
Hannah Linn

This may not be the healthiest option but that doesn't mean it's not the best. It's the perfect sugar rush to wake you up when you're about to fall asleep in class. Even if you're vegan, you still have options.

#SpoonTip: Opt for resealable bags or fun sized versions so they don't spill all over your bag. 

Steamed Vegetables

vegetable
Katherine Baker

Green beans, broccoli and cauliflower are easy to find frozen or fresh. From frozen, throw them in the microwave for a couple minutes with a little water and they are ready in no time. Run them under cold water and voilá, ready to go. By steaming them, you eliminate that dreaded loud crunch and awkward stares.  

Deli Meats

Lexi Nickens

If you're craving a high protein, low carb snack, then deli meats are for you. From turkey to salami, the selection is endless. If you are looking for something a little healthier, try making your own.

Dried Fruit

dried fruit, pepper, cranberry, raisin, berry, sweet
Niki Laskaris

Make it yourself or buy it from the supermarket. Dried fruit will provide you with that little sugar boost you need to get you through a long classes.

Cheese

cheddar, dairy product, cheese, dairy, milk
Sarah Stettin

There is no need to skip out on your cheese addiction while you're in class. Grab some cheese sticks from the supermarket to make sure you're always prepared when the craving hits. 

There's no need to sit in class hungry, but just make sure that when you satisfy your cravings that you're not interrupting the whole class. Keep your stomach and your professors happy.