In case you missed it, Kellogg's recently announced that Pumpkin Spice Frosted Flakes are coming to cereal aisles near you this fall. Even though the world is currently focused on summertime flavors like coconut, mango, peach and things like acai-unicorn-berry, the cereal mainstay kick-started this year's pumpkin spice craze. And simply, we're not worthy.

photo courtesy of Kellogg's

The Kellogg's family isn't new to pumpkin spice, with seasonally spiced variations like Special K and Mini-Wheats, but it is the first time that the fan favorite, Frosted Flakes, will be graced with the polarizing flavor. The news first broke in late May by Brooklyn grocery store owner after posting a sample box to Instagram, and has since then been confirmed by Kellogg's representatives. According to self-proclaimed pumpkin spice naysayer, @junkfoodmom on Instagram, the flakes have the "Same Sweet delicious Frosted Flakes with a touch of pumpkin spice that’s not overbearing but there in every spoonful." 

You can expect to find these babies on shelves in September, assumedly, along with countless other pumpkin spice and PSL-inspired creations. Until then, you can always make pumpkin spice recipes in the summer like a boss, including pumpkin spice Brussels sprouts and healthy pumpkin spice granola. Or, for the purists, learn how to make Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte at home.