I'm going to be completely honest. I don't know how to cook. Since I lack that cooking gene the rest of my family has, I usually turn to pre-made meals. Ramen noodles gets bland after a while and let's not forget the lack of health benefits. I've been on the search for healthier meal options and came across Sweet Earth and decided to give it a try.

Sweet Earth Enlightened Foods

Photo Courtesy of Sweet Earth

Sweet Earth has the mission of honoring and sustaining the land, cultivating a curious mind & palate and sustaining a healthy body. Sweet Earth was founded by Kelly and Brian Swette who wanted to make plant-based food more mainstream. The two worked together to create a brand where the food is fueled by plant-based meats, delicious and nutritious, worldly and local and as natural and organic as possible. 

New Additions To Sweet Earth 

Photo Courtesy of Sweet Earth

At Expo West, Sweet Earth announced new products that will be hitting the shelves later this summer. Some new meals from the brand include Mongolian Beefless, Pasta Puttanesca, Kung Pao Chik'n, Asian Ginger Scallion Sausage and a Chik'n Fajita.

Each bowl contains fresh veggies, spices and plant-based alternatives that are globally inspired and packed with protein. As someone who is always looking for more ways to incorporate protein into their diet, the protein component was definitely appealing compared to other frozen meals. 

What I Tried: General Tso's Tofu And Cauliflower Mac

Photo Courtesy of Sweet Earth

Out of the two dishes I tried from Sweet Earth, the General Tso's Tofu was my favorite. I'm a huge tofu fan and this dish is something way out of my comfort zone which made me excited. The tofu was perfectly textured and the sauce was sweet and spicy just how I like it. If you're looking for a healthier twist on a classic dish, this is perfect for you. You could definitely trick a picky-eater into eating healthy by giving them this because of how good it is!

Photo Courtesy of Sweet Earth

Okay, I'm a big fan of mac and cheese. Cauliflower is also one of my favorite vegetables so I was excited to try this dish. I really enjoyed the pasta and the cauliflower, but it didn't really scream mac and cheese. I found that there was a slight aftertaste from the cheese. With that being said, I did eat the whole thing and some of my sisters. Everyone's taste is different, so you might enjoy it more than me, so just don't take my word for it. 

Both the  General Tso’s Tofu Bowl (11g of protein) and Cauliflower Mac (8g of protein) are both vegan and high in vitamin C.

More From Sweet Earth 

If you're interested in trying Sweet Earth, they offer burgers, bowls, pizza, modern meats, burritos, breakfast, seitan and pogos. 

To find Sweet Earth, you can use their product locator to see carriers close to your home. 

Stay connected with Sweet Earth by following them on Facebook and Instagram.