Paris is one of the most magical places on earth. However, arriving at Gare to Nord or Charles De Gaulle with a suitcase you don't want to lug around and your only plan being to climb the Eiffel Tower can seem overwhelming. Don't count on the French to help you through this struggle either.

Don't stress yourself out about seeing every monument. Sometimes enjoying an espresso and croissant at a local cafe can be the best part of the trip. Seeing Paris for the weekend can be yummy, relaxing and super interesting! Here is our weekend guide to help you plan your Parisian affair.

4:00 p.m. Friday - Arrival

Stay wherever you'd like, but I suggest hostels near the Notere-Dame or Air Bnb's in Le Marais for optimal locations. After dropping your bags grab a city bike (Velib, they're almost every few hundred feet throughout the city) and bike along the Seine River. You should be able to spot the Eiffel Tower. That is your north star on your bike towards it. In addition to bikes, the Paris metro is handy and tickets are a great way to save money (save the Ubers for evening travel).

Walker Foehl

7:00 p.m. - Aperitif under the Eiffel

When you get close to the Eiffel Tower, stop at one of the many small grocery stores along the road and pick up the essentials. A baguette, cheese, olives, hummus, jam, of course some champagne and even some macaroons. The bikes conveniently have baskets in front to hold all the goodies. Dock your bikes by the Eiffel Tower and walk out onto the gorgeous Champ de Mars for a sunset Aperitif (very French, trust me). 

Walker Foehl

After nomming and watch the sunset, head up the Eiffel Tower. Always worth the wait! It will also provide digestion time before dinner.

Walker Foehl

9:30 p.m. - Bistro Dinner

Walker Foehl

9:30 a.m. - Bonjour Paris

#spoontip Pick up oats, almond milk and some bananas the night before to make a cheap breakfast of overnight oats to fuel your day of walking!

Sometimes the outside of museums are more exciting than the inside. This is the case with the louvre. Yes, go in if you need to see the Mona Lisa. But in all honestly it's a tiny portrait with large amounts of sweaty tourists taking badly-lit selfies. We suggest strolling through the Grand Palais (it has a cool modern art sculpture prime for instas) and then heading towards the Louvre Pyramids and beyond to the gorgeous Tuileries.

Walker Foehl

Maybe pause for a street side crepe (always go Nutella and banana). Try going in the much smaller L'ongerie Museum, or check out the Dior Exhibit in the Musée Les Art Decoratifs. The top floor impressionist gallery in the Musée D'Orsay is always worth the trip. #spoontip Abroad people! bring your passport with your visa to enter free into all of these museums.

Walker Foehl

3:00 p.m. - Afternoon Mac

After an artistic immersion, cross the Pont Neuf ('lovers lock bridge') to the Saint Germain area of Paris. Head for Laduree! We suggest this Laduree over the touristy Champs Elysee location. Macaroons or a paris brest patisserie are the perfect refuel. #spoontip Down the street from Laduree is the YSL exhibition for all vogue lovers.

Walker Foehl

6:00 p.m. - Evening in Le Marais 

Le Marais is our favorite area of Paris. One street can have so many places to eat - an adorable matcha cafe, a delicious taqueria, a pho noodle bowl or hummus bar. Not to mention the vintage shopping and little parks.  Head here for an evening stroll through the walking streets. Stop in Place Dauphine and people-watch before heading to (you would never guess) a little Mexican restaurant, Candelaria. Chips and guac, a couple frozen margs and al pastor tacos will make you feel like you're in Cancun. #spoontip check out the secret bar through a hidden door in back.

Walker Foehl

Don't nom too many tacos though, because after a five minute walk is where you'll find the hummus of the gods. L'as Du Falafel is Paris's premier Lebanese eatery. Pitas stuffed with monacan eggplant, crispy falafel, and creamy tahini are always worth the long wait.

Walker Foehl

11:00 p.m. - Parisian Nights

If you're looking for a taste of Parisian nightlife, start with drinks at Le Perchoir for a gorgeous view of the Eiffel Tower sparkling. Or go to the little red door for great cocktails. After, head to Pompom or Queen Club to dance the night away

Walker Foehl

10:30 a.m. - Bottomless Brunch

Don't let Sunday be spent sleeping. Awaken your taste buds at Breizh Cafe with an authentic french crepe (they have gluten free crepes too!).  After, make the short walk to the Pompidou modern art museum.

Walker Foehl

1:30 p.m. - Montmartre: The Brooklyn of Paris

Metro back to Montmartre to see views of Paris that rival the Eiffel. Here you'll find an eclectic and artistic culture separate from the designer stores and aristocratic cafes. Every Sunday one of Paris's best flee market opens here. #spoontip pay the 6 euros to climb to the top of the church. The view is worth it.

Walker Foehl

6:30 p.m. - Last Supper

If this was your last meal, you're doing your last meal right. Miznon is a lebanese bistro creating simply delicious, fresh plates. The restaurant itself is rustic and adorned with the fresh ingredients it uses. Sit at the bar and watch slow-cooked beef be scooped into pita and dressed with lemon tahini. Or dig into an entire head of roasted cauliflower that you could mistake for butter. Whatever you order, you can't go wrong

Walker Foehl

This itinerary is no where near comprehensive but will leave you planning your next trip back. Bisou xoxo.