Oreos newest flavor, Fruity Crisp Oreos, hit all grocery stores on June 1, and I knew I immediately had to get my hand on this limited addition cookie. Oreo put their own twist on the popular Fruity Pebbles cereal and created one of the yummiest flavor combinations of all time.

Oreos

Photo courtesy of popsugar.com

That exact second I opened the bag of Fruity Crisp Oreos, I was overwhelmed by the distinct aroma of real Fruity Pebbles Cereal. After devouring my first bite, I was swarmed with joy as the burst of artificial fruit flavor filled my mouth. These Oreos taste exactly like this childhood favorite cereal. Put them in a bowl with milk and you have a unique spin on this staple breakfast.

Oreos

Photo courtesy of cerealously.net

The outside of this cookie is the classic Golden Oreo. The Golden wafer lets the true fruity flavor take over and leaves a delicious aftertaste of Fruity Pebbles. The creme is the best and most unique aspect of this Oreo because they mixed their classic filling with real rice pieces that taste exactly like Fruity Pebbles. The crispy texture of the cereal pieces adds a unique spin on the average cookie and makes this Oreo taste like the morning breakfast cereal.

Oreos

Photo courtesy of CBSDetroit.com

The only downside about the newest Oreo flavor is the old-fashioned packaging. It’s not as easy to grab an Oreo out of this packaging without the easy open pull tab. Along with this, if you’re more of a chocolate lover and not a fan of artificial fruity flavor, this new Oreo flavor may not be the one for you.

Oreos

Photo courtesy of detroit.cbslocal.com

After nearly finishing a bag of Fruity Crisp Oreos already, I think it’s safe to say this flavor was a great addition to the company. I recommend going to your local grocery store and picking up a pack to try for yourself.