If you're a regular beer drinker, the overall expense of such is probably a little on the higher end of things for you. Given that we're in 2018, there's always going to be a smarter and more cost-effective method of partaking in your habits without having two dollars left to your name; and that's where Lidl comes into play.

What's a Lidl?

In essence, Lidl is a supermarket that just got labeled as '2018's Beer Supermarket of The Year' by the New York International Beer Competition. Sounds great, right? Yeah. Obviously, they sell beer, but Lidl is more geared towards domestic and international beer brews that are brewed by Lidl themselves.

What do you get out of this?

beer, liquor, alcohol, stout
Alex Frank

In short, you get 20% off some of Lidl's favorite beers that are also award-winning until June 13th at most Lidl locations. However, there's a catch. While Lidl has been awarded over 10 whole medals for their quality yet exclusive and value-based beers, not all beers are part of the promotion, and the promotion isn't occurring in all 50 states of America. The states that unfortunately are excluded from the promotion include Georgia, New Jersey, and Delaware because of a thing known as local regulations. Sorry, folks that live in any of those states.

What beers are involved then?

beer, alcohol, liquor, ice, wine, lager, juice, cider
Alex Frank

While Lidl does sell lots of beers, here are the five beers that are part of the promotion that happen to be worth the mention in this article. 

First up is Lidl's 'Amber Ale Beer of the Year,' which is Brewer’s Storehouse No.3 Amber Ale. With an alcohol content of 5.7% ABV, Brewer's 'Amber Ale' tastes like caramel with but based notes that derive from roasted malts that have come together to make the ale smooth yet light and refreshing to consume.

Next up is the top 'Double Gold Belgian Style Tripel,' which is Bronzen Schild Belgian Tripel. Clocking in with an alcohol content of 10.2% ABV, Bronzen's Tripel is a beer that has hints of caramel and coffee in it followed by dried fruits, candied cherries and baking spices that are specially fermented. 

Followed by this is Lidl's 'Bronze American Style Pale Ale', which happens to be Brewer’s Storehouse No. 7 Pale Ale. With an alcohol content of 5.5% ABV, this 'Pale Ale' is an incredibly smooth pale ale with notes of citrus and pine notes. 

Next up is Lidl's 'Bronze Experimental Beer,' which is The Ginger Grizzly Alcoholic Ginger Soda. With this ginger soda, not only does it have an alcohol content of 4% ABV, but it's also sweet and spicy with a hint of ginger and citrus with a little bit of fizziness thrown in there.

Lastly is Lidl's 'Bronze American Style Wheat Beer,' which is their Blue Key Belgian White Ale. With an alcohol content of 5.4% ABV, Blue Key's White Ale is meant to be smooth, creamy and refreshing with flavor notes of banana, orange and clove spice.

While all of these brews will be available at most Lidl locations nationwide until June 13th, it's better to get your hands on them sooner than later before they're all sold out.