Even though I am 100% dairy-free, I find myself craving pizza every once in a while, and I have finally found one that satisfies my taste buds and dietary requirements. This roasted vegetable pizza uses onions to substitute the most popular pizza topping of choice: cheese. Dairy-free and vegan pizza is really hard to come by, but thanks to Whole Foods and other grocery stores, frozen pizza sections now feature this revolutionary no cheese frozen pizza option. 

The Brand

pizza, mushroom, meat
Allison Curley

Amy's Kitchen is a brand that is family owned and completely organic in order to produce GMO-free foods that everyone will want to enjoy. They many options like soups, pre-made frozen dinners, and veggie burgers can be found in tons of grocery stores. Most of their food is easy to buy and serve without lots of work for the customer in between. 

Some of their foods have dairy, while others are completely vegan, so it is up to the customer to decide which products they can or cannot eat. As a dairy-free foodie, it is really nice to see a brand that features lots of options for the different diets in the world. Not only that, but it's so important to know where food comes from and whether it is wholesome or not. Amy's talks a lot about their dedication to making natural products on their website

The Pizza

Allison Curley

When I first saw Amy's no cheese frozen pizza, I was skeptical because it honestly just doesn't look that great. Regardless of the lack of cheese and tomato sauce, this pizza has tons of vegetables like artichokes, red onions, roasted peppers, and mushrooms that make it burst with flavor. The focaccia bread crust is also incredible with its crunchy outside and doughy inside. Even though it's a frozen pizza, it tastes fresh and delicious every time.

I love that all I have to do for dinner is take the no cheese frozen pizza out of the package and throw it in the oven for 10 minutes. It couldn't be easier to prepare and clean up, while still tasting amazing. 

Nutrition

coffee, tea, beer, beans
Allison Curley

The proof is on the back of the package because this Amy's frozen pizza is only 280 calories for 1/3 of the entire pizza. There is also a really great ratio of protein to sugar at 7:5. I paired my piece of pizza with a thin strip of grilled chicken and a salad. This is the perfect meal because you get loads of protein and vegetables without as many fats and carbs.

With loads of vegetables and no cheese, everyone should try this healthier pizza for an easy dinner, or even a party appetizer. It is a huge step for the dairy-free and vegan community to have such a reliable and delicious frozen pizza dinner option.