In case you missed the mark this Halloween, it's never too early to start preparing for the next one. Cute costumes are the most important part of Halloween, and trying to coordinate with a group or find the perfect outfit for yourself can make a fun holiday way too stressful. So  instead of scrolling through Instagram for costume inspiration, next year let your favorite food decide your Halloween costume. 

Pasta: A Superhero

Meal, plate, Dinner, pasta, cheese, parsley
Josi Miller

If your favorite food is pasta, you should be a superhero next Halloween. Superheroes save the day just like pasta, the ultimate comfort food, can save any of your days filled with stressed out study sessions or nights filled with drunk decisions. 

Sushi: A Unicorn

eel, crab, nori, wasabi, salmon, shrimp, avocado, tuna, fish, rice, seafood, sushi, roll, chopsticks, California roll
Caroline Ingalls

If you're a sushi lover, you're the type of person who isn't afraid to try new things. There are so many different types and so many places to get good sushi, but not everyone is up for eating raw fish. If it's your favorite food you clearly aren't afraid of the unknown. That's why a mystical creature would be the perfect costume for you.

Wings: A Referee

chicken, chicken wings, celery, sauce
Emily Ix

If wings are your favorite food, chances are you like to enjoy them while watching a game and rooting on your favorite team. Whether you like BBQ, mild or hot, wings and sports go hand in hand, so why not get in on the action next Halloween and dress up as a referee? 

Hamburger: A Solider 

sandwich, french fries, chips, cheese, burger, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, fries, buns
dena dianati

Nothing says American more than a good ol' hamburger. This dish, paired with some fries, is a staple in the USA and you can find a good burger in every state. If this American classic is your favorite food, you should dress up as the epitome of America and be a solider this Halloween.

Ice Cream: An Angel

chocolate, ice, cream, ice cream, chocolate ice cream, waffle, wafer, gelato
Amelia Hitchens

If your favorite food is this delicious treat, you should be an angel, something equally as sweet as ice cream. Plus, there are so many toppings to add to your ice cream, just like there are so many ways to spice up your angel costume. Wings, halos or glitter, anyone?

Birthday Cake: A Hula Girl

cake, chocolate, birthday cake, cupcake
Meredith Davin

Hula girls have the cutest outfits and always seem to be having the best time, exactly like you at your birthday party. If birthday cake is your favorite food, you're always up for a good time and you should be a hula girl to show everyone your fun and carefree nature.