We all know KIND. They are a staple for most college students. Their bars offer sustainable sources of energy, quick pick-me-ups for midday slumps or afternoon peckish-ness. 

But KIND has more than just nut bars. They've actually come out with two new products: Pressed by KIND and Healthy Grain Bars. I've tried a few flavors from both and here's what I thought.

Cinnamon Oat Healthy Grain Bar

milk, cereal, coffee, chocolate
Jeanne Paulino

There are so many types of cookies, but snickerdoodle has a special place in my heart. Something about how gooey it is, with the warm cinnamon filling you up, gets me every time.

KIND has managed to create that feeling in a bar form. Made of five whole grains, with no artificial sugars, this is a healthy alternative to those delectable bakes, without sacrificing any of the flavor. Eat this if you're looking for a pre-workout snack or you're trying to hold yourself over for dinner in-between discussion sections.

Double Dark Chocolate Healthy Grain Bar

corn, wheat, milk, sweet, chocolate, cereal
Jeanne Paulino

Chocolate is one of the best foods on the planet, and recently it's been scientifically proven to be appropriate to eat for breakfast. I've been looking for one that satiates my perpetual sweet tooth but doesn't make me crash, and KIND has provided me this.

The Double Dark Chocolate flavor is sweet but not too sweet, since it is made out of all-natural ingredients. What's more, it's chewy and soft, with the texture more like candy than a granola bar. And, with the addition of buckwheat and quinoa, this'll keep you feeling full for hours.

Apricot Pear Carrot Beet Pressed Bar

beans, chocolate, coffee
Jeanne Paulino

Did you love Fruit Roll Ups when you were a kid? If so, KIND's got a grown-up version of your childhood favorite snack. These Pressed bars are packed with 2+ servings of fruits and vegetables while tasting almost like candy.

Dwight Schrute would approve of the Apricot Pear Carrot Beet flavor. The pear and the beet are both noticeable, but neither overpowers. It is sweet and tangy and light, perfect if you just want something sweet to end your meal.

Mango Apple Chia Pressed Bar

beer, tea
Jeanne Paulino

Mangoes are the perfect summertime fruit. Hailing from the tropics, they're one of those foods that immediately transport you to warmer days and sunny beaches. 

The mango apple flavor does not disappoint. The mango  is strong, with subtle hints of the crispy apple, in a single bar. It is a lovely blend that is refreshing and innovative.

Pineapple Coconut Chia Pressed Bar

Jeanne Paulino

Piña colada is one of the most popular cocktails, and for good reason. Coconut and pineapple are one of those classic flavor combinations that everybody loves.

This bar tasted exactly like one of those drinks, and I'm certainly not complaining. This was probably my favorite flavor because it tasted more like a treat than a health food.

Cheery Apple Chia Pressed Bar

chocolate
Jeanne Paulino

Apple pie is an American dessert that is good in all forms; as a pie, as a drink, and even as a fruit bar. KIND's cherry and apple pressed bar is basically apple pie without the added sugars or artificial ingredients, so you won't be feeling guilty or out of energy after eating it.

Pineapple Banana Kale Pressed Bar

Jeanne Paulino

Kale. It's one of those trendy foods that all the millennials are eating for its supposed "health benefits." It's also one of those foods that I can't stand because of its bitter taste.

I thought that the Pineapple Banana Kale flavor would taste like... green. Like, too healthy. But it didn't. It tasted like really good banana bread, made of fresh fruit, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, perhaps more so than I thought I would.

So, there you go folks: some new KIND products to fuel your obsession and move you in the direction of being ~healthy and fit.~ Definitely give one of the Pressed Bars and Healthy Grain Bars a go the next time you're out grocery shopping, because I guarantee that you will find one that you love.